ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

+ve/-ve Wire Colours for Speakers

R26.r #156

As far as speakers are concerned there is no definative positive and negative they just have to be wired all the same phase so one side has to be wired the same as the other and the same as the back two. Otherwise they will be out of phase and sound crap....

I would trace the wire back to the unit it plugs to, amp or head unit and see there. Usually positives are holes and negatives are pins so have a look and mail back here with any other info if you like.

Polo + Micra

do you know what the the wires are at the hu??

cos you could just test them with a multimeter on continuity

172 FF

The wire neearest to the push button clip is +ve, as far as I can remember.

You can tell the polarity of a speaker with a 1.5v battery.
Just connect it to the speaker & look if it moves out or in when you connect it. If it moves out then the poles are the right way. Then just look at which terminals you connected it to.

So if you do it on the original speakers, then you will know which is +ve & -ve.

Think the easiest way will be to check at the head unit. Is it simple to take my head unit out. Got a new panasonic one, the garage fitted it so have no idea how to remove :)

Can anybody confirm about the wire closest to the original renault clip being the +ve one because I have found the clips with some wire still in,

Thanks

the connector from the head unit with the clip to secure it in the middle is the one you are looking for. I cant remember if this is the white one or the black one.

If you look at the connector with the pins facing you they would be numbered as follows...

8 6 4 2

clip would be in the middle at this side

7 5 3 1

pin 3 is fr right +

pin 4 is fr right -

pin 5 is fr left +

pin 6 is fr left -

they may also follow the iso colours so the wire colours will be

fr right + gray

fr right - gray/ black

fr left + white

fr left - white/ black