ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very very annoying squeak/mouse sound and a few others.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Alright chaps.

1st problem is a squeak i get when i accelerate. I'm guessing this is my fan belt, so that's gonna get changed in due time. Unless anyone else knows otherwise?
03 car - 55k miles, unknown service history. (Naivety of youth)

2nd, yet main problem is a squeaking noise i get when driving around corners, predominantly turning right, however it sounds like its coming from the left side. It definately sounds like something rotating if you get what i mean. (Maybe driveshaft?)
I've replaced the wheel bearing on the passenger side so i know its not that; i thought it could be low air pressure in my tyres, but i've just had two new ones.
So i'm abit baffled and embarrassed to drive it in busy places atm!

3rd, is a noise that seems to have developed since i've had the afore mentioned squeak. It happens when i dip the clutch after i've driven the car for a while and its had chance to warm up.
It sounds abit like a dull grating noise. Its hard to explain any of these without someone actually seeing it but if anyone could help that'd be ace.

I'm not the most technical minded, and don't have available access to 3219842987 tools, so if you could point me in the right direction i'd be grateful.
Thanks.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
1st sqeak could be the exhaust m8 if its just on the sudden pick up when you move off?
mine has it because i need a new cat gasket :S

172 cup
I have the same squeak as number 2 :). Only when the steering wheel is at a certain place turning right it becomes very loud. This started after I had new pads fitted. I believe new pads need some modification (I found out after they were fitted).

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
1st sqeak could be the exhaust m8 if its just on the sudden pick up when you move off?
mine has it because i need a new cat gasket :S
As far as i know its my fan belt, cause i let it idle for a bit, and it was sqealing before i even set off, but moreso when i accelerated.
I could do with a new exhaust, but i can't rate afford one at min; just started uni so poor times ahead.

I have the same squeak as number 2 :). Only when the steering wheel is at a certain place turning right it becomes very loud. This started after I had new pads fitted. I believe new pads need some modification (I found out after they were fitted).
Yeah, that sounds about right son. New brake pads you mean? And what'd ya mean by modification?
I've got GreenStuff pads on now, and i've had em about a year with no problems...

172 cup
As far as i know its my fan belt, cause i let it idle for a bit, and it was sqealing before i even set off, but moreso when i accelerated.
I could do with a new exhaust, but i can't rate afford one at min; just started uni so poor times ahead.

Yeah, that sounds about right son. New brake pads you mean? And what'd ya mean by modification?
I've got GreenStuff pads on now, and i've had em about a year with no problems...

Yup new brake pads. I read it on a thread somewhere. Will try find it later on.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
  Golf GTD Mk7
No-one has said get both belts done :s for piece of mind at least.

Edit: tapatalk fail, just noticed it's a 1.2

172 cup
Mine developed creaking when turning this morning. Turns out one of the front springs has snapped. Just fitted 2 more OE springs today. Will let you know if the squeak continues!

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
How'd you mean its snapped? Like majorly or just slightly?
Cheers lad, i've got it booked in garage on monday, so i'll hopefully find out then.
But obvs if i can get some sort of list of possibilites i can rule them out!

172 cup
the spring broke basically...

Im still getting the squeaking & creaking though. Will get the ball joints done this week.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Right,
I've found out the source of my squeak. The passenger side drive shaft. So i'm gonna get one ordered, unless anyone is offing one?
Changed the fan belt, and thats stopped my accelerator squeak. Had to get the right one though, considering the donut at Autosupplies gave me one for an air-con model.

As for the clutch/steering wheel whirring noise, i'm still a bit unsure.
Maybe it could be thrust bearing? I don't know...