ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Veyron on Track (pics from Prescott)

Had a fantastic day at Prescott today, just for now I thought I would share my Veyron pics, as I've never seen any of it out on track...

156434355-L.jpg

156434349-L.jpg

156434372-L.jpg

156434377-L.jpg

156434388-L.jpg

156434393-L.jpg

156434401-L.jpg

It was immense, despite having hardly any room to play with you could still sense the acceleration (especially off the line), and it sounded beautiful!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
awesome pics.

would a k&n panel filter give it more power?!

It was odd, I felt like I knew the car already despite never seeing one in my life, all the TV exposure kind of prepared me for it.

It bottomed out nicely on the hairpin, he was pushing it pretty hard later in the afternoon.

FF Blackgold 182
:hail: I've got to get some pics of this tomorrow! Good work Chris. Was it just a case of a fast shutter speed? I don't do enough of this kind of photography and I am not very good at panning! The only pic I've taken is one on my phone outside The Dorchester Hotel on Park Lane last year! Nearly had a trouser accident. Is the one at Prescott, the one that was in that detailing thread?

Last edited:
:hail: I've got to get some pics of this tomorrow! Good work Chris. Was it just a case of a fast shutter speed? I don't do enough of this kind of photography and I am not very good at panning!

I didn't have a clue what was best as it's not like circuit racing at all. I ended up sticking with what I knew (1/125 panning), but if you want some nice safe shots of it use a fast shutter speed, works pretty well on the hill.

FF Blackgold 182
:hail: I've got to get some pics of this tomorrow! Good work Chris. Was it just a case of a fast shutter speed? I don't do enough of this kind of photography and I am not very good at panning!

I didn't have a clue what was best as it's not like circuit racing at all. I ended up sticking with what I knew (1/125 panning), but if you want some nice safe shots of it use a fast shutter speed, works pretty well on the hill.

I will experiment and see what I end up with, lol. I've got the batteries charged and I have put the monopod in the boot and the umbrella!:rolleyes:

A couple from today, was a bit damp though ;) He was nearly tripoding in the first pic, now that would have been a special shot!

156633133-L.jpg

156633142-L.jpg

Last edited:
  FF Blackgold 182
Nice work Chris. I will post one up if I can be bothered.;) Godd to meet you too m8.:)

Steve

Nice work Chris. I will post one up if I can be bothered.;) Godd to meet you too m8.:)

Steve

Yep good to put a face to the name.

Shame about the weather, Saturday was really good, would have been nice for it to be like that on the day everybody shows up, could have got some nice shots of the cars in the Cliosport bit etc.

FF Blackgold 182
Nice work Chris. I will post one up if I can be bothered.;) Good to meet you too m8.:)

Steve

Yep good to put a face to the name.

Shame about the weather, Saturday was really good, would have been nice for it to be like that on the day everybody shows up, could have got some nice shots of the cars in the Cliosport bit etc.

Yeah shame that really. My jeans are soaked! What is that waterproof cover you have got for your Nikon? I need me one of those!

how much lol.

Great pics buddy as always. Cant wait to see the rest of your pics from sat, shame the weather was so bad today, there were floods and all on the way home lol.

FF Blackgold 182
how much lol.

Great pics buddy as always. Cant wait to see the rest of your pics from sat, shame the weather was so bad today, there were floods and all on the way home lol.

Tell me about it!! Lol That Charfield - Wickwar road floods badly. :eek: Glad you managed to come off at the right junction in the end bud! lol;)

Yep it's the press car/demonstrator, it's had a hard life and looked pretty grubby today :) Good to see it in harsh reality though, not on a display stand with 10 bottles of tyre shine on the wheels etc. Apparently 25 have been sold in the UK now.

I've put a gallery up with a load of static shots as well now...

http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/2906395

how much lol.

Tell me about it!! Lol That Charfield - Wickwar road floods badly. :eek: Glad you managed to come off at the right junction in the end bud! lol;)

I have no idea why i thought i had to get off at that junction, i have been on that m way 100's of times, what a prick lol. Was fun blasting up over the top and down the other side to try and catch you both up though

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
justin was it me waving to you that prompted yopu to take the wrong junction...? lol

the veyron seemed awlfully quiet imo, i was expecting a roar..lol

justin was it me waving to you that prompted yopu to take the wrong junction...? lol

the veyron seemed awlfully quiet imo, i was expecting a roar..lol

I have no idea what the hell i was doing. I take it you realised i had taken the wrong exit when i passed you about 30 secs after you saying bye lol