ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vibe 10 or 12 active sub

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

going to get a new system fitted in my williams 3 with sony headunit, focals in front with amp and then new sub. should i get a 10" or 12" vibe, what difference would it make in terms of sound??

182BG

my mate has a 12", sounds good, dont know what the difference would be, compared to a 10", more bass perhaps? ;)

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio

I think the 12" subs are more suited to low bass that aint to fast, 10" is better for faster bass beats, depends on ur taste in music.

The 12" sub displaces more air (cos its bigger) and therfor makes lower sounds, the 10"sub having a smaller surface area cant preform like the other but can handle fast beats and is therfor more suited to dance music i think?

I love the vibe subs, look well cool, good choice!

personnely id go for the 12" cos there more powerful than the 10"s and are bigger lol. u probably wont get anything better for that kind of money cos in all fareness there cheap but good. my mate had a vibe 10" active in his micra and it made its fair share of noise!! he usualy played rock music aswell.

Id go for the 10, a Clio is so small even a 10 will make it shake...

Im going for an 8 in mine, although im kinda cheating as its a Elemental Designs, only 2 in Uk competion sq sub....I was in a Range Rover with it in and it sounded so good, its known to be lower than a 12 but as fast as a 8! Although the box is huge lol!

anyway, the 10 would be better I think unless you just want bass which is very low and deep