ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration noise

Clio MK2 172

Help, got a vibration noise from underneath the car between the gearbox and mid engine. This only happens when the car has been running for 10 mins or more. If Im in high revs say in 1st gear (can be any gear), take it to 6000rpm and take my foot off the accelerator for the revs to drop the vibration noise starts and then dissapears as the revs drop, also if I dip the clutch when the vibration noise is there it dissapears. Ive taken it to 2 garages explaining this, they thought it was either the heat shield or the eqsaust vibrating on something, but they have failed to find the problem. Anyone had this, if it makes any sense? its doing my head in

:confused:

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i had very similar thing! get it over a pit and rev it!u will soon hear where its coming from!mine was the sensor before my cat rattling of the heat shield!

Clio MK2 172

Cheers, that sounds like where it is comming from, but it doesnt do it when when I rev it stood still.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

hmm thats wierd?

id get under it and shake the exhaust around! is it at 4k revs by any chance?they are renound for having the 4k rattle!lol