ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration rattle and cluck under acceleration

Black 172
Accelerating hard in 1st, 2nd, 3rd produces a vibration rattle accompanied by a cluck. I have just changed the front brake disks and pads.

It sounds as though it is coming from the offside front driver side.

A week ago I changed the engine and gearbox mounts.

...any suggestions

260% JCW
Chickens maybe?

On a serious note, id check all nuts bolts ect.

Was the vibration there after you change the mounts? Is the vibration coming up through the steering wheel?

Black 172
not sure if the vibration was there after the mounts were changed, drove the car very carefully. The vibration does seem to come through the steering wheel. just for info the disks are Brembo Max (groved).

No vibration or clunk**** under braking.

cheers

Last edited:
  260% JCW
Not vibration or clunk under breaking????

If its clunking under breaking id say a caliper bolt maybe slightly loose. Worth checking all caliper bolts, wheel nuts ect.

As for vibration did you check the face of the hubs before you put the new discs on? They may not be true.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Sounds like the dogbone mount to me....As I had this...Did you change that one aswell?....Made sure its all tight?