ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration through the pedals when approaching 7000rpm

I've only had my car a few weeks but I've noticed today when I put my foot down and get to around 6-7000rpm there's quite a heavy vibration through the pedals. Mainly feel it on the clutch. I'm leaning towards it being driveshafts or engine mounts. It's definitely not normal, my old car (civic) would never vibrate at any engine speed. I haven't gone all the way to the limiter yet as it's pretty pointless and I don't want to break anything! I don't remember this happening when I bought the car but tbh I was changing up at about 6k rather than redlining it.

One of my suspension springs has snapped though, this was noticed when I got my cambelt, aux belt + tensioners + dephaser pulley, spark plugs and oil change the other day. Could that be the problem? One of the guys at Jamsport drove it today and checked all the timing etc, said it felt fine :S

I also get the thing where the engine kind of rocks when idle. From reading up though that seems to be normal but thought I'd mention it anyway. It judders when pulling away in 1st gear sometimes too, I would put that down to me getting used to the clutch though.

Bit annoying as I've just spent £700 getting some stuff sorted and still need to get replacement suspension. Having to replace driveshafts or something on top of this is gonna cripple me and I'll probably have to just leave my car for a few weeks until I have some cash :dapprove:

The car is a 182, FF (with both cup packs I think), 04 plate. Just gone over 76k. Completely standard.

Did I mention the high pitched whine I'm now getting? I think this might be to do with the cambelt sound-deadening thing not being put back on but it doesn't sound right at all

Here's a video, quality is awful but you can just hear the whining noise when the revs start to drop again.

[YOUTUBE]1RRY_iKj7TM[/YOUTUBE]

It also smelled like eggs after revving it while stopped. Didn't rev it past 6k due to the clutch pedal shaking like a b**ch if I do that. Can't be right.

Vid is not the best but can defo here it is whining alot which is not usual, im not to sure what it could be, but the usual whine could be from the cambelt or dephaser, as for the rotten eggs smell that is normally linked with the cat converter possibly failing

Vid is not the best but can defo here it is whining alot which is not usual, im not to sure what it could be, but the usual whine could be from the cambelt or dephaser, as for the rotten eggs smell that is normally linked with the cat converter possibly failing

Yeah my phone is crap unfortunately. I had a cambelt kit, aux belt kit and dephaser pulley fitted by Jamsport last week :S I took it back on Saturday and they checked all the tensioners/timing and said it was fine, then one of the guys took it out for a drive and said it felt ok. He must not have ragged it though as you defo notice the clutch shaking like a b**ch at 6000rpm+!

Feels like it's down on power aswell, even late at night when the weather is cooler. Only had the thing a month and having to spend loads of money on it is not what I wanted. :(