ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video Camera Mounts

182 Trophy 019/500
Can anyone recommend a video camera mount. I plan to do some trackdays next year and would like to film some of it. :approve:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I dont see anything wrong with the suction mounts personally, but a couple of trackdays i've been to have said they are not allowed. Most organisers dont mind as long as the camera is fixed securely, but a fixed mount is probably safer.

Like this one:

http://www.b-hague.co.uk/Mounting Brackets.htm

182 Trophy 019/500
GuyS said:
ive got the one nik posted a link to..

i think its awesome :)

I have seen this one being used and i think the results are good.
I wanted to get a window mounted one so the old man can use it in his Trophy, but if circuits don't really like these mounts then it looks like i'll have to go for the headrest mounted one.

Mk2 172 (Silver)
i've got the b-hague headrest one too. works a treat for me.
was in my car at goodwood on saturday...if i'd have known you could have had a look!! :D

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
I've got a headrest one here, from my clio 182.

It's homemade, but VERY strong, and still uses a proper balljoint to mount the camera to.

I'll dig out some photo's of it and if you're interested, make me an offer.

Nik said:
I dont see anything wrong with the suction mounts personally

Yea, it's odd.

When Weight used one and did 1/4 miling, it was such a good and stable picture!

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Daz said:
Yea, it's odd.

When Weight used one and did 1/4 miling, it was such a good and stable picture!
or when lee used one at spa it had a mahoosive shadow on the screen!! think that was down to the user though!! :rasp:

Got the b-hague headrest one too. Works brilliantly.

Although is no good if you have Recaro's.

Lee

BMW M2C
Pootle said:
or when lee used one at spa it had a mahoosive shadow on the screen!! think that was down to the user though!! :rasp:

It wasn't a shadow, it was the actual sucker for the mount. All down to user error. :eek:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If you end up going for a headrest mounted one, try knocking one up yourself.

Daipac made this one for me...but anyone with an ounce of common sense should be able to throw one together.

100_2807.jpg

100_2806.jpg

This one's survived 2 years, 50k miles, and about 15 track outings...and it's nothing more than two bits of wood and a few nuts/bolts.

i went for the b hague one cos it looks really well finished so can leave it in most teh time and it looks really cool.. i cant be bothered to take it out.. lol

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yep I made the one i used to use in my 172.

It lasted plenty of trackdays, and worked perfectly. Cost me about £2 to make :p

Recaros meant i was going to have to get a windscreen mount, but i bought a bullet camera instead.

I'm going to try and adapt my mount so that it will fit the Recaros at some point.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
Yep,

I have the same as markcups one :)

Made by Daipac, I paid £30 for it, so if anyone wants it, make me an offer.

182 Trophy 019/500
Does anyone know if this kind of camera mount is allowed at Brands Hatch?

sSm1b.jpg

Or what tracks can't you use them on?