ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vids of santa pod

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

good vids there matey, bbtt 172t is quick listen to the backfire and dumpvalve go on that beast

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 19 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 19 July 2005

13.2 mate, pretty quick...
only slightly faster than TBs tho and for more than twice the cost :eek:
Twice the cost?, but twice the power gain with alot more in there !:)

I heard 6K for that particular throttle body / engine conversion?? If so then its not.

If the turbo had grip it would be doing 11s and 12s like the 5s with their drag tyres, but as we only had road tyres with no practice 13.2 is more than respectable. And yes i do realise that the guy with the bodies also had road tyres, but with very little if no spin.

This is probably going to open a can of worms but i cant see where we are going with this. Still all due respect to the car with TB conversion though.

Quote: Originally posted by BBPT on 23 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 19 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 19 July 2005

13.2 mate, pretty quick...
only slightly faster than TBs tho and for more than twice the cost :eek:
Twice the cost?, but twice the power gain with alot more in there !:)

I heard 6K for that particular throttle body / engine conversion?? If so then its not.

If the turbo had grip it would be doing 11s and 12s like the 5s with their drag tyres, but as we only had road tyres with no practice 13.2 is more than respectable. And yes i do realise that the guy with the bodies also had road tyres, but with very little if no spin.

This is probably going to open a can of worms but i cant see where we are going with this. Still all due respect to the car with TB conversion though.
lol, more power is always going to win on the strip, if you can get the power down.

But that particualr conversion cost far from 6K, however its value is around that area with the cylinder head/body/camshaft developmet. With over 40 hours on the cylinder head alone that would equate to alot of £££, and some custom cam profiles that arent being used to the full potential. If the bottom end was sorted and could provide the RPM, aswell as the piston/valve clearance and cylinder sealing, then youd see another 20bhp from it with a limit closer to 8000rpm and the cams moved off their conservative timing.