ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wheel bearing

1.2 16v Clio Mk2 2dr
Hello all ,

I had my rear wheel bearing done roughly 2 months ago ( only the one side for money reasons) since then in the past week or two I've noticed a similar sound as if the bearings is going on the same side after having gone to Santa pod and back ( roughly 200 miles total). Is there any chance it could have gone again? I do have spacers 25mm on the rears and 20mm on the fronts.

Ill be jacking the car up tommorow to try and pinpoint it just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem.

Thanks

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Assume they're conventional spacers not stub axles ones? Apparently normal spacers put a lot more stress on the bearings, I'd expect more than 2 months though.

1.2 16v Clio Mk2 2dr
They are just hub centric spacers off eBay , in a way I'm hoping it's the side that hasn't been replaced but if it is might be a bigger problem I think.

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
Ruined the bearings on mine with spacers, twice 😅 First replacement was eBay specials that lasted 6-12 months. Second time round I found some higher quality FAG ones.

Likely to be the other side, but could be a bad bearing - If you can get the back of the car in the air and freely rotate the wheels the bad one should make some noise. Mine was a light grinding noise, should be silent

1.2 16v Clio Mk2 2dr
Im gonna jack it up in the morning and have a listen see whats happening , just a bit odd that it could possibly have gone that fast , fingers crossed its the other side i guess:ROFLMAO: typical clio always having problems

RallyXmad

ClioSport Club Member
  Cobra'd 172 Cup
Front or rear wheel spacers put more leverage on the bearings and will contribute to more frequent failures. I've seen it a fair bit on track Clios

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Front or rear wheel spacers put more leverage on the bearings and will contribute to more frequent failures. I've seen it a fair bit on track Clios
Not to that degree, I've been running 20mm front spacers for about 3 years since having new bearings in hubs. Zero issues