ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vinyl Wrap My Bonnet

Clio 1.6 SI
Hey

Does anyone know how much it would cost to vinyl wrap my '99 Clio (Mk2) bonnet from gold to black? Also, roughly how much it would cost?

Clio 1.6 SI
Can't get another black bonnet that easily especially in the location where I am based :(

Plus can be quite costly with the p+p :(

Clio 1.6 SI
That's effort at the moment. I don't really have the time to do it myself :( .

Roughly how much would it cost to get it sprayed professionally?

vinyl wrap + hairdryer + 1 hour = done

took me 15-20 mins to do both my wing mirrors on the old mk2 baring in mind theyre pretty damn curved

Clio 172
vinyl wrap + hairdryer + 1 hour = done

took me 15-20 mins to do both my wing mirrors on the old mk2 baring in mind theyre pretty damn curved

Yip, I used to work as a vinyl wrapper and it is easier than you might think! Great thing about vinyl is that you can take it off anytime if you need to.

What I would suggest is make sure you get decent vinyl (3m vinyl) it stands the test of time and is very forgiving if you get in a mess! Also, get yourself a felt squeegee for squeezing out the air as you apply it. (There are even videos on Youtube giving you demos) Heat guns are best, but you can use a good hot hairdryer and try to do it undercover and not in the elements . . . dust is not your friend! Finally, make sure you have a sharp pin handy for getting rid of all those small air bubbles that you might leave behind . . . Job done!

Oh, degrease first! :cool: