ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Viper air feed

Clio 172 Sport
Has anybody fitted or had fitted a viper ik to there mkII 172 and where have you ran the feed and where have you placed the end. did any find the standard feed with this kit too short 2 go to the bumper in the lower grill. Has any1 got any pics of where you fed it and where you have mounted the end, but not the fog light mount.

Cheers any1.

Clio 172mk2
heres mine , bit dark but its there :D

i contacted pipercross about some extra pipe , u need about 1.5m of it , u can joun 2 pieces , prolly end up using just over 1m of it though, u also need to remove the acoustic valve within th wing just a case of un bolting.

fred did mine means takin the front bumper off,

Attachments

• p1010001 (Small).JPG
    p1010001 (Small).JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 55
  • P1010002 (Small).JPG
    P1010002 (Small).JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 60
  Lionel Richie
remove front passenger wheel
remove front bumper arch liner
remove acoustic valve (and block off vacum pipe)
you have to cut off a flap of plastic behind the grille to get to it from behind

It is easier to remove the bumper completley

pop out lower grille, cut hole

wack it all together, job done

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
I take it the feed is not running down behind the headlight then. Just trying to picture where you are running it.

I have only ever had a maxogen installed, but there was no chance of getting anything down the area between battery and headlight on mine due to the headlamp motor thing.

Got any pics ?

Lionel Richie
rmccardal said:
I take it the feed is not running down behind the headlight then. Just trying to picture where you are running it.

I have only ever had a maxogen installed, but there was no chance of getting anything down the area between battery and headlight on mine due to the headlamp motor thing.

Got any pics ?

yep down behind the headlight, down to the fog, then across to the lower grille. if you remove the headlight then fit everything in it JUST squeases in, the lever adjuster motor touches the feed pipe

Fred2001Dynamic said:
remove front passenger wheel
remove front bumper arch liner
remove acoustic valve (and block off vacum pipe)
you have to cut off a flap of plastic behind the grille to get to it from behind

It is easier to remove the bumper completley

pop out lower grille, cut hole

wack it all together, job done

Fred to remove the acoustic valve,

how is the arch liner attached?
what is the vaccuum pipe you need to block off?
thanks

Lionel Richie
arch liner is held in with round black plastic bungs, easiest way to remove them is to slide a pair of long nose pliers under each side of the bund and lever it out

(theres 2 screws holding it onto the bumper also

vaccum line goes from the inlet to the valve

you can see where it attaches to the inlet, just to the left of the TB as you look at it, it approx 6mm dia rubber pipe

cut the pipe approx 50mm from the connection, and glue a screw into the end of the pipe