ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Viper inlet size

You can pass a pipe from the viper IK straight down and cut a 75mm diameter halfcircle in the plastic panel that forms a side of the airbox housing the bottom half of the radiator. The 75mm pipe sits neatly through that hole, right behind the front grille. You can apply some sealant around the joints. It looks like the whole assembly behind the bottom grille acts like an airbox so there must be some positive air pressure when youre driving. Anyway thats what the mechanic at K-tec reckons.

S2000

I am planing to pass it straight down and sit it behind the bottom grill (well mesh on mine actually) facing forward. Until I can find a suitable big scoop to put on the end anyway to gather more air.

how are you going to get it behind the grille? I think you have to cut through the plastic bit I mentioned. I think Roamers fitted one nicely, but hes actually cut through the grille. The one thing I cant understand on his picture is that the gille continues right to the end of the bottom opening i.e below the towing eye hole, whereas on all 172s and my cup the rightmost 2 inches of grille are blanked out?

okekoke. Ill be doing the same when I get the bloody BMC CDA after 3 weeks wait from Itaaaalia (Im waving my arms as I type Itaaaalia-maaaama-miiia) - sorry just been to see Johnny English with the kids and it was sososooooooo b*** boring!!

Slugger, Ive got mine in the exact same position your looking at. Its ok but could definitely do with more air intake as it seems to struggle at low revs? Im thinking of removing a fog light to compensate as I know thats been done before. Ive also some pierced some holes in the pipe itself to help with airflow. Its def 75mm too.

S2000

Thanks for the info Sangy. Wouldnt the foglight be just the same really though?

Philip - Carnoiseur in Southend have the BMC in stock.

no positive air pressure, nill, nowt, end of that.

Nxt, i had a viper and installed it no prbs, no cutting nothing in front of the rad on the lower middle grille. i had pics, but lost them, but i think somebody has some of my pics on here.

dunno about pressure, only repeating Gavins (mechanic) statement at K-tec. Not concerned either way. On installing a 75mm pipe behind the lower grille with no cutting, I couldnt see how when I was standing under the car. But then I still had the regular airbox in as Im only getting my IK in a week. Maybe when I remove the current airbox Ill be able to see the light (literally), unless you can remember how you installed yours. Ive had pictures sent by a guy who installed a pipe straight behind the front grille, by cutting through the plastic to the right of the headlight. looks good because the pipe run is extra short and straight, but dubious as it runs right next to the top of the rad which must heat it up. The option Im considering on the lower grille will give colder air but at least a couple of bends and an extra 40cm of piping. What matters most: inlet temperature or length of pipe + bends?

Since its not actually part of the inlet tract length and bends on such a large bore is not a prob.

Heat is the prob which is why your getting the ik you getting.

Fitting is easy, take it all out and youll see the big space. But there are a few bits you need to remove or move aside.