ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Customer Service

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Problem: Sometimes channel doesn't display i.e unavailable. Intermittent, random, any channel. iPlayer and on demand are the same.

Length of time: 1 year

Solutions proposed: Had a technician up, he reduced the signal to the box, still didn't work.

So, I phoned them up and said I was thinking about leaving for Sky as they have better reliability. Got put through to Bangladesh. 3 different people and 25 minutes later, they still don't fully understand my problem, and offer me £15 off my next bill. I didn't want £15, I wanted the problem f**king fixed, they couldn't understand and kept saying that's all they could do.

'You're lying' I said. She took that as a 'personal comment' I was absolutely furious so I said 'Right, put me through to someone English now' and then she said, wait for it folks:

'That's racial slander, this has been recorded and I now have the right to disconnect the call, goodbye'

Well, lord knows what happened after that as I was taken over by a red mist/wave of fury/blind rage.

I went for a long walk, went round to my dads (who also has Virgin) and called them back up. Got through to an English bloke and first things first, asked him not to put me through to anyone else and told him about what had happened. Very understanding bloke, then he asked me my problem and I told him. He informed me the new V+HD boxes have much better reliability than the old grey piece of s**t I have, and one is on it's way to me for Thursday.

That call took 2 minutes, and I'm a happy customer again. f**king Scottish accent + f**king Indian call centres = DISASTER.

:mad:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have to be honest i'm in no way racist but they just can't understand.

It's a waste of time most of the time! I just laugh when they keep asking me to repeat myself!

Golf GTD Mk7
have to admit, they aren't the best. They have you over a barrel though really as the internet connection is by far the best out there. :(

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
It's a complete waste of time, I was through to the apparent 'team leader' and it was obvious she was reading off a script!

EDIT: @Jonny: definitely I agree, however their TV service is pisch!

DMS

A thirsty 172
VM customer service is shocking for the most part. I found this out when moving house.

They then screwed up the installation and I had to go a week without broadband. A million calls to India later and I was still no better off, until eventually I rang up on a Saturday and got through to a very helpful Geordie bloke. He immediately knew what was wrong and put me on hold while he contacted a higher-tier support colleague. Two minutes later my connection was back up and running. He even credited my account with £26 by way of an apology for not delivering the service for a week.

That said, I have 3 services from them at the moment and all of them never miss a beat.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I have all 3 services as well, phone and internet are absolutely spot on which I'm pleased about. Just the discount I get for having all 3 far outweighs having just phone and internet with Sky for the Tv.

:(

DMS

A thirsty 172
I'm the same. Was going get Sky just because Sky Sports channels are cheaper, but the discount I get from Virgin for having all 3 means I might as well just buy them from Virgin and still I'm be better off.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
have to admit, they aren't the best. They have you over a barrel though really as the internet connection is by far the best out there. :(

Speed-wise maybe, but reliability, and everything else they're pretty s**t

DMS

A thirsty 172
My VM connection is as solid as a rock. It's never let me down once since it was first installed. Obviously not the same for everyone, but I'm happy to accept the piss poor customer service for the fast, reliable connection I get.
If it went down every 5 minutes I'd leave straight away because the service is awful and it'd never get sorted out.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Im sure you werent transferred to Bangladesh as they have no call centres there. If there is a problem with the cable a change of box will not fix this i'm afriad

Megane 225 F1
Virgin mobile has the best customer service and have for the last 9 years. And yet virgin media are crap. It doesnt make sense.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Im sure you werent transferred to Bangladesh as they have no call centres there. If there is a problem with the cable a change of box will not fix this i'm afriad

Well somewhere in India, then.

Meh, couldn't really care less as I've now got a v+HD box out of them for nout.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
if you have a retention deal already you wont get one. one of the requirements is that you are on a lower priced deal to be able to get free v+ or it will be £49

DMS

A thirsty 172
And I don't have a retention deal either. I'm also two months outside my contract so I can cancel the service whenever.
It's worth a try I suppose.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Guys watch what you are posting.

I agree though, Virgins customer service as a whole is terrible; Even when you get through to someone in the UK

OEM Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's not just Virgin, BT are just as bad, I don't understand the logistics because if must take 10 times as long to explain the situation to someone who doesn't understand.

Always cracks me up how when you call to buy/subscribe you get someone who sounds as though they're sat next to you. Yet when you have a problem it's half the way around the world.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I'm still quite angry at being called racist because I wanted to speak to someone that understands me.

Wonder if I called them up and said 'Can I speak to someone Indian please' they'd label me a racist as well?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Don't say racist things then. Its quite simple.

There are ways to express your point without descending into racism.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I didn't say put me through to someone who isn't Indian I simply asked if I could speak to someone English.

That is most certainley not racist, I had a problem, they couldn't understand me, it was the logical thing to do.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You don't want to go down this road. You made a racist remark, its been removed and we didn't infract you.

So you can either;

• Shut up and move on
  • Or get points for questioning moderation AND being racist.

Entirely up to you.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Right, I get you now, moved on.

Their customer service was good at the second time of asking, in fact it was really good, bloke was very polite and understanding. It's strange something can be questionable and quite good at the same time, just depends who you get ultimately.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Sky are no better tbh, it took them no joke 8 months to get our phone line changed to them and to send out a router for broadband, they fucked us so much we ended up writing a 4000 word complaint letter, which got lost, then they "lost" our records completely so we had to do the whole process again.

We ended up having combined mobile phone bills of £90 due to being on hold so much and sent to wrong dept etc.

We've just had the net put in the last week, and at present due to all the s**t we had pay £10 for All the sports, 20meg broadband, free line rental for 12 months and the option to cancel with them at 1 months notice instead of 3.

Its sorted now but it just wasnt worth the hastle, and if we stay here for over a year our bill will go to normal prices which are sky high compared to Virgin, where for the slightly less cash a month got all music channels and the disco channels etc too, plus all the on demand features.

Basically threaten Virgin, but stay with them.

In my case anyway.