ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VIRGIN MEDIA

182 ff
lol
right back in october was planning on ditching virgin for sky as i could get all sky sports hd and movies for 50 nicker with 10 meg broadband

anyway to stay with virgin they said they would match the offer , subsequently i have just found out they are charging me for sky sports package ???

when the bloke told me they would do it for free !!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
So are you currently being charged £50 + £X for Sky Sports, or does the whole thing come to £50?

It's going to be pretty hard to prove that the said they would do it for free. Are you sure he said SS for free? I really can't see that happening.

182 ff
every telephone conversation is recorded and yes that was the whole point otherwise i would leave virgin , so it was a case of im off to sky unless u gives the same deal on virgin

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I hope you told him you were recording. I'm sure there are legal issues recording calls when people don't know about it.

Anyway, call them and see what they have to say.

Fiat Panda 100hp
every telephone conversation is recorded and yes that was the whole point otherwise i would leave virgin , so it was a case of im off to sky unless u gives the same deal on virgin

Recording a phone call without their permission is illegal, so I wouldn't go telling them that you have lol.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL at thinking mark was there recording the convo.

I had this problem with O2, they started charging me for a roaming bolt on I didn't ask for. Best bet is to get your money back for the extra they charged.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
not all calls are recorded, very few are so highly unlikely there will be a recording. sky sports has never been given for free. Virgin are charged by sky for selling it so it wouldnt be given free or they would be paying you to stay as a customer.

BTW I work for virgin retentions so know it wouldnt have been given free. You may have a discount on your bill for a certain length of time which cancels out the charge which will be on your bill, but it will never show as free due to the way virgin bills are produced.