ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista wont load stuck in windows error recovery HELP WANTED PLEASE

FOCUS ST 275
Try to start my GF's computer and it loads up to a windows error recovery screen.
Has options to load from Safe mode but the keyboard wont work past the bios screen.
I can get into BIOS and have tried to get it to boot from CD but it asks me to hit any key (which i cant as the keyboard is dead by this point) to boot from CD.

Is there any way to get it to boot up or is it FUBAR??

Need to get all her docs and picks off desperatly.

Any Help appreciated.

Thanks.

DCi
find a usb keyboard

or get a external hard disk and swap the disk inside for the laptop one and remove the pics that way.

RB FF 182
i would remove the HDD and then use it as a slave drive on another pc. so depending on whether its a IDE or SATA drive you just need to find anther machine with the avaialble connectors and plug it on and i will appear as the E: drive or whatever. Alternatively you can also buy little caddies that turn regular hard disks into USB disk drives, but you will still need to work out whether its IDE or SATA (SATA connectors are small, IDE are the ribbon band looking older type)

you could also download Puppy linux or ubuntu and put on CD and see whether you can boot into this to pull the data off

FOCUS ST 275
It is a USB Keyboard, but after the bios screen the power seems to get cut to it.

Will try to fit it to one of my external HD to rape the info.

With it not booting from disk at all, can i wipe the HD thats in it and do a fresh install??

RB FF 182
have you tried pluggin the keyboard into different USB ports, have you also tried seeing whether any other USB devices work in any of the ports? wouldnt want to wipe the HDD until you know its def a hard disk problem, if nothing USB works it might be an issue with the port itself or the motherboard....

if you know u got all the data off you can just put windows cd in and rebuild!