ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vodafone to dump roaming charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spied this ad on the telly.

Kind of a big deal? That would be great for someone like myself who just buys PAYG sims outside of the UK. A voda contract would mean I could just use my contract sim everywhere. Small print permitted of course. I'm now tempted to get a voda contract, throw the handset in the skip, and slap the sim in my iPhone. The downside being that I would like the new iPhone. FFS. Sneaky move by voda, or are they all going to start doing this?

I realise this won't affect the majority, so I don't expect much interest :eek:

ST
BIG news IMO..

If this is as good as it sounds i think i'll be going back to vodafone come renewal time, it'd save me over a grand a year maybe more on using my phone when abroad.

My mates 4 day stag do in Madrid last year, Orange...£170 FFS!

dCi 80 tractor
Very interested because i got charged heap loads last time fcuking orange! I reckon they would all start doing it as it is quite a big thing, just hope O2 do it next because i want an iPhone!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
So let me get this correct.

I can use my normal contract mins texts etc - Anywhere in the world?

RE: iPhone. My only issue is that this time, I was going to get an official o2 contract for the new machine (mine is the original). This voda deal would mean buying another non-subsidised handest. However, it would also save the expense and bother of buying PAYG sims outside the UK.

Hasn't the EU told them what they've been doing is wrong and so they'll all have to do something similar?

BIG news IMO..

If this is as good as it sounds i think i'll be going back to vodafone come renewal time, it'd save me over a grand a year maybe more on using my phone when abroad.

My mates 4 day stag do in Madrid last year, Orange...£170 FFS!
I bet chat lines wouldn't be included in that.

It's only from June until the end of August.

'From 1 June to the end of August, Vodafone Pay as you Go and Pay Monthly customers will be able to call, text and send picture messages to friends and family back home from over 35 countries knowing that it will cost exactly the same as if they were in the UK. For example, a customer on a plan with 600 minutes and unlimited texts who opts in to Vodafone Passport would use these minutes and texts when they are on holiday with no extra charges.'

Status
Not open for further replies.