ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vodaphone, can i cancel my contract?

Not a 320d
Ive spoken to various people about the issue of Vodaphone changing their contract recently.

Basically, i signed up for unlimited internet and unlimited everything. They have recently dropped the internet useage limit to 500mb a month. I dont use this much im sure, but its pissed me off that they have done this without informing me or anyone else. People i know that have cancelled their contracts in the last few days have gone over the 500mb limit. I wonder if because i dont go over the limit they will let me cancel or not. Any idea if i can or not?

Im a year into a 24 month contract, and it would be a god opportuinity for me to get rid of my shitty blackberry.

There are various articles related to this on the internet, im sure it isnt hard to find.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd personally go massively over the 500mb, then call up and complain they've charged you, say unless you get the unlimited internet back you wish to cancel etc.

Basic contract law states that if a contract changes, then either party has the option to cancel. Regardless of your current usage.

Orange changed theres about a year or so ago. They removed a certain number from being able to be used with your free minutes. It effected very few people, but that's not the point. When you tried to cancel, they tried to fob you off with 'You've never used this number' but that's a moot point. If you wanted to cancel, you could.

What you need to find are the terms and make sure you haven't agreed to any of it. If it's as simple as you say, then you're entitled to cancel. If they give you any s**t, look on the wiki page about contract law and quote some bits at them.

Plus giving 172Ben a PM would be good. He works for Voda.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
O2 changed there contract a while back starting to charging for 0845 numbers, they pointed out I'd never rang one before, but i got out of my 18month contract 8 months early. So don't see why not? Do some googling?

Not a 320d
I have, people are definately canceling because they have gone over but i was wondering if, as you guys have pointed out to me, i could cancel because ive not gone over.

The sole reason i bought the contract was because it was unlimited, because if i ever went bonkers one month, i wouldnt be charged extra. Thanks for the info ill do some digging.

We will only cancel if we can see on your previous bills that you go over 500mb, thus meaning you will now end up paying.

If you dont, we wont cancel it.

Plus the above link means a no no im afraid :(

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
this would explain why my Mrs is getting charged for data

she's had an HTC Desire for a few weeks and with the always on data it must be streaming a lot of crap and taking her over the 500mb limit, even though we thought it was unlimited :dapprove:

Last edited:
  Not a 320d
Didnt when i started, bit harsh really. Thanks for the advice. Wont be going with those f*****s again. My signal is s**t too. If im at home i pick my phone up send a text and then it goes SOS on me, no signal. All the f**king time.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
been with Voda for years, just went in the shop and renewed a few weeks ago, no mention of a 500GB limit when it was done :S

only seems to be an issue with the Desire using a load of data, I have turned a lot of it off, so shouldn't be an issue now, when she's at home she uses wifi anyway

no problems for me on O2 though, which is unlimited

AK

M240i
Do we just phone up? I've been over mine a few times but I got charged the £5 extra, my contract was new in Feb 10 ... :s

AK

M240i
Yeah i'm on iPhone contract with a gig, did get hammered for £60 a couple of months ago for going over my data usage lol.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
no actual data limit for O2 but worded as the following...

Excessive usage policy:-
Unlimited Bolt Ons allow use of your mobile phone for private, personal & non-commercial purposes only. You may not use your SIM Card in, or connected to, any other device, or, for customers taking a Web or Wi-Fi Bolt On, to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice Over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing, or in a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers (or the Cloud customers in relation to the Wi-Fi Bolt On). If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, (or for customers taking a Web or Wi-Fi Bolt On, to impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission) or disconnect your Bolt On or tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first. For full details visit www.o2.co.uk.