ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo Estate Vs Yamaha R1

RS mk2 172
Hmmm I smell a rat. Volvo has 500bhp and weighs in about 1400kgs, R1 weighs in about 180kg and 150bhp...do the arithmetic...dont add up.

Stagecoach Ticket
I think the bike is easying off and on the power to get a decent vid even though the volvo is an ANIMAL! i dnt think it would be as fast of the mark as an r1

But what a masterpiece of engineering

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
The r1 is in third gear at 50mph whe he accelerates so hes clearly not going for it as it should do 100 in 1st.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i love that, dad had a volvo 850 t5-r or whatever they were, yellow with black 5 spoke wheels, that was quick. i really want one now!

Road tests for the R1 have recorded 186 mph on the speedo and it was still pulling. It's geared to top out at about 197 mph at its 13,750 redline if the motor could push through the wall of air at that speed. The 0-60 time was 3.13 seconds and it hit nearly 100 mph in first gear.