ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo's attempt at a hotrod.

Stolen from another forum, but this car is fooking awesome :evil:

Thoughts?

Saw this and thought what a great time the R&D boys at Volvo seem to be having !!

Volvo Tries its Hand at Traditional Hardcore
Talk about a modern classic. I remember seeing the hard-topped version of Volvo's first production car, the 1927 ÖV4 codenamed the "Jakob," at the 2007 New York Auto Show as part of the Prancing Moose's 80th birthday festivities. But the party isn't over, as Volvo has commissioned this Jakob hot rod (foreground) to be built based on one of those original cars—and they're set to unveil it later this month at the Volvo Museum in Göteborg. The look is traditional hot rod, but there's nothing rough-hewn about this roadster: it's got a carbon fiber chassis, aluminum-spoke wheels, and an ethanol-powered, turbocharged inline-5. Looks like a fun ride, though the engine bay is a little heavy on the plastic shrouding—I thought the whole point of the stripped-down rat-rod aesthetic was mechanical simplicity and ease of workability, but maybe that doesn't apply to Volvos

2900475_454_full.jpg

2900475_455_full.jpg

2900475_456_full.jpg

2900475_457_full.jpg

2900475_458_full.jpg

SOURCE: Cardomain Blog

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thats a fair thing, don't like the idea of putting my briefcase there though.

Elise/VX220/R26
I think thats one of the best looking cars I've ever seen. Slighty more practical but just as nice:

lrg_article_5717-img_0.jpg