ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

W. Mids Rolling Road Day - Sat 8th October - Viezu - Bromsgrove

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Re: W. Mids Rolling Road Day - Date and Location TBC (please see in thread)

I'll come for the day out but probably wont be on the rollers. My car is 200 bhp and THAT IS THAT!

So your MK3 isn't going to show us Mk2 boys how its done then?

Thought it was 200 PS...

secret

This gona b mornin or afternoon?

Im 99.9% coming now guys :)

I'll come for the day out but probably wont be on the rollers. My car is 200 bhp and THAT IS THAT!

Lol, more likely somewhere between 180 and 190 and less torque than a 1*2 ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

This gona b mornin or afternoon?

Im 99.9% coming now guys :)

Good to hear...It will more than likely be the morning...all depends on how the RR wants to run, most will want to finish around midday or something so they can have their Saturday off too! :)

secret

Yeah true, should b a good day :) r we all meeting there or meeting up and driving down as a group?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Yeah true, should b a good day :) r we all meeting there or meeting up and driving down as a group?

Depends on who lives where...as there's no point in everyone meeting in some random spot. We also have to see which RR it is and then arrange a meeting point (usually somewhere near the location)...as most will have Sat Nav, and as long as the location has a postcode recognised by Sat Nav, we're onto a winner! :)

secret

We sure are mate, eccleshaw is ideal for me but im not really that fussed where. I think me and the stafford lot we all go up to meeting spot together. I just asked ste if he wants to come :)

Be good to see u all again

secret

I didnt realise lohen was a mini tuning company :0 my mrs will rave her tits off wen i tell her lol, ive just been lookin on there and there stage 1 package is what she bascially has but she has catback aswel which rates at 130bhp so she will b pleased with that

clio 182 (modified)

sorry donny i havent been on for a while im up for either site 8th oct and im bringing the beast..:)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

1. Donny - Either site (any) 1,8 or 15
2. matt350 - bromsgrove 8th
3. JonnyGee - Eccleshall 8th
4. Johndolan1979 - Eccleshall 8th
5. rockers182-bromsgrove 8th or 15th
6. Cerrone-Bromsgrove any dates!
7. sbridgey - eccleshall any dates
8. Joshua.J - Eccleshall - 8th October
9. Wocka - Either - Any Date
10. davo172 - either but prefer Viezu - any date
11. Danevo - either but prefer Viezu - any date
12. Dazzler bear 182 - either - any date

sorry donny i havent been on for a while im up for either site 8th oct and im bringing the beast..:)

I've put you on the list Daz mate...but who is the beast? (Not been fraped again?) ;)

secret

Yeah i wana know about this beast :)

secret

On lohens site it says contact days mon-fri. Is it deffo open sat?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

On lohens site it says contact days mon-fri. Is it deffo open sat?

Mon - Fri will be for general work...but we're talking about a dyno day and an easy opportunity for the company to make between £350-£700 for a mornings work! (So they will open on a Saturday for that kind of money!)

Reply from Emma @ Lohen I received the other day.

"Hello Don,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We'd be delighted to support a local forum day - we've had success with the MINI days we run and have picked up a decent formula on how best to conduct the days.

Price per person £35
Minimum 10 people, 20 maximum (in the first instance, we can review this after a first successful day and may be able to fit more in)
1 session on dyno, which consists of 3 power runs, print outs etc.
Saturdays can certainly work, with some prior arrangement on a suitable date.
Tea & Coffee, toilet facilities etc

Dyno Spec all listed online here. Particularly good for low slung cars.

We're predominantly a MINI Tuner, but if your guys are interested in particular products, we can help with group buys etc.

If you need any further information, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards"

So I would say YES!;)

CursedTitanium 182FF

Hi, I'm interested in coming to this, will need to check what weekends I am working though.

secret

Sounds good to me and £35 for 3 runs is good

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Right, I have emailed Emma @ Lohen (Eccleshall) and booked us in for (provisionally) Saturday 8th October (preferably morning).

I will be looking for deposits during this next week...so PM me if you're definately coming to run and I will then get the definate list up of runners.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
  Swift Sport
Re: W. Mids Rolling Road Day - Sat 8th October - Lohen Eccleshall

Am I assuming you get three runs to get an average BHP reading, or make any alterations to your car between runs?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Am I assuming you get three runs to get an average BHP reading, or make any alterations to your car between runs?

Ste, they give it 3 runs to get an average result...they won't have time to make alterations I would have said...as its a fair few people doing it...they would be there all weekend if EVERYONE wanted to make alterations mate.

Also helps them to see how accurate their readings are...as if it was one and the run was shocking...would you want to have that as your result?

Swift Sport

Ste, they give it 3 runs to get an average result...they won't have time to make alterations I would have said...as its a fair few people doing it...they would be there all weekend if EVERYONE wanted to make alterations mate.

Also helps them to see how accurate their readings are...as if it was one and the run was shocking...would you want to have that as your result?

I was just wondering, I've been to some in the past where they allow people to adjust their boost on turbo'd cars etc. I've also been to some where people just want a fair average reading from three runs. I didn't need patronising.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

I was just wondering, I've been to some in the past where they allow people to adjust their boost on turbo'd cars etc. I've also been to some where people just want a fair average reading from three runs. I didn't need patronising.

Ste, wasn't trying to patronise fella. If its come across like that, I apologise, but it wasn't meant like that.

Swift Sport

No worries... I'm still interested, so is my gf with her 197. We just need to make sure we're free rather than committing and then not turning up on the day like many do.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

No worries... I'm still interested, so is my gf with her 197. We just need to make sure we're free rather than committing and then not turning up on the day like many do.

Thats cool to hear, I will be taking deposits for people who are running. People are able to turn up, but doubt there will be anyone able to run as we need at least 10 people for it to be feasible. Bear in mind though that the deposits will be non-refundable, so if you book in and pay a deposit, then you can't attend...you will need to swap your space with someone else and they pay you for your runs. Although if you (or whomever) lets me know that they can't attend after paying deposit, then if someone else wants to pay a deposit I will point them in the member who isn't coming but has paid deposit's direction (if that makes sense)

Deposit is £10 per person running (£10.56 if doing by paypal to cover the fees)...with the remainder to be paid on the day.

Let me know.

Cheers :)

200 Gordini

So your MK3 isn't going to show us Mk2 boys how its done then?

Thought it was 200 PS...

Lol, more likely somewhere between 180 and 190 and less torque than a 1*2 ;)

I'm not sure if you both missed the last bit so here it is again....

;)

how you doing wocka whats happened to gt rob?? i bet he would be up for this...

secret

how you doing wocka whats happened to gt rob?? i bet he would be up for this...

Ayup mate, he hit abit of a prob with his clio, wont go into detail as i dnt know full story but will explain wen i see u up lehan, had alot of work done to ur car, bet it felt better after replacing everythin. Im lookin forward to results aswel

Renault 5 Turbo

I'm still up for this as well even if its in stafford it'll be good to get another rr read out :)

secret

Remember ste with the silver ph2 from the stafford meet. He wants to come and run so get him on the list pls

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

i am still up for this even if its at stafford. donny drop me a pm with your paypal and i shall send you £10.56. just had all this done so shall be keen to see how its running

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?600767-total-control-racing

PM Sent :)

I'm still up for this as well even if its in stafford it'll be good to get another rr read out :)

Cheers Matt...PM Sent :)

Remember ste with the silver ph2 from the stafford meet. He wants to come and run so get him on the list pls

Will need deposit from him to confirm him on the rolllers...once payment has been sent across I'll update the list, don't worry :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

List:-

1. Donny
2. matt350 DEPOSIT PAID
3. JonnyGee
4. Johndolan1979
5. rockers182
6. Cerrone
7. sbridgey
8. Joshua.J
9. Wocka
10. davo172
11. Danevo
12. Dazzler bear 182

Cheers for the deposit Matt. :)

If anymore people fancy getting their names on here...let me know. I will update the list once deposits have been received.

Cheers Guys :)

Last edited:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Just pm me when you need the deposit Donny will send it over.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

List:-

1. Donny
2. matt350 DEPOSIT PAID
3. JonnyGee
4. Johndolan1979
5. rockers182 DEPOSIT PAID
6. Cerrone
7. sbridgey
8. Joshua.J
9. Wocka
10. davo172
11. Danevo
12. Dazzler bear 182

If anymore people fancy getting their names on here...let me know. I will update the list once deposits have been received.

List Updated, Thanks Mart :)

Just pm me when you need the deposit Donny will send it over.

Davo, will PM you now. :)

Lionel Richie

Don't add us to the list, we'll just rock up ;)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

im coming to have a view if im not working!
and we will bring the twingo rs too

Get yourself on the rollers you know you want too ;)
your not gettin george to bring the 4wd beast are ya ! ?

i cant commit to yay or nay due to work which is a pain in the neck mate.the mrs gets her rs twingo saturday so we can pop up for a nosey about.chubbys only got a 306 hdi and his goldwing now that would be funny!!

Ph2 172 MB 77/468

think i'll be coming down, but since the car is up for sale, i aitn gonna stick it on the rollers