ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

W960i > What Next?

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Guys,

Just past the halfway point of my 24 month contract on o2 with my W960.
I waited a long, long time for it and when it came I wasn't really disappointed, but the little defects and lags it has in everyday use are really starting to be a urine sample.

Refreshing SMS list when opening an SMS, loading Walkman when you mean to select a character, lagging when using the back key and general slow and unresponsive usage. I think it's a good phone with some great ideas, perhaps just not best built or developed by SonyE? I hear the X1 has the same app usage issues?

None the less, a mate showed me his LG Cookie the other day and it seemed pretty tiptop, especially for sub a £tonne on PAYG.
Doesn't have wifi or 3G, which was the only downside.

What would be a reasonable side step perhaps, rather than an 'upgrade' from the W960?
I'm not sure there's much out there sub £300 sim free/PAYG with the same features or more?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks - Pete.

i got the W960i pretty much the first week they were released here, im 14 months through my 18 month contract, to put it bluntly the phone is s**t!!

it doesnt help its so battered, cant wait to upgrade

no ideas for a new phone though, sorry

think this is a trait of all W series SE phones. I have w980i and its the same and my previous se W was the same

tiTTy & SV650
W800 I had was very reliable, W705 latest one I got was crap after 3 days so I sent it back - wifi is nice.

koi

Audi S1
Hated my w960i, so much lag doing anything!!

Ended up downgrading to Samsung Tocco, hardly used any of the extra features of the w960i anyway. The screen on the Tocco is really responsive and good for texting and it does calls too so suits me fine.