ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want a new car. Stay with clio? Or step to a megane?

megane 285 sport
Great choice and rare colour too. Had mine 7 years now

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
So gave her a clean today. Didn't do it on Saturday was laying flooring. And had to clean her as boot was covers in rubbish from carpet and underlay.
IMG_20190421_160053.jpg
IMG_20190421_102104_982.jpg
IMG_20190421_102104_988.jpg
IMG_20190421_090417.jpg
IMG_20190421_160115.jpg

IMG_20190421_160101.jpg

The car is fenomomal I'm so pleased.
Gonna get rid of the megane badge soon in the boot. Just need to sort the wheels out at some point going to keep them stain black I think. Not normally a fan of black wheels.

Also need to sort out rear defusor and exhaust seround trim. It's a bit cracked and naff
IMG_20190421_160135.jpg

Can I get new one?

Attachments

• IMG_20190421_160110.jpg
    IMG_20190421_160110.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 192

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Had mine nearly 5 years now View attachment 1414964

For the price they are unbeatable imo

Off to efi next Saturday to compliment the decat ?
Have you ever managed to find a replacement trim for the exhaust? Mines flaking. I was tempted to take it of and see if I can repair it and spray it satin black. But probably be easier to get a new one.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Have you ever managed to find a replacement trim for the exhaust? Mines flaking. I was tempted to take it of and see if I can repair it and spray it satin black. But probably be easier to get a new one.
Took it off and sprayed it along with the door handles

Got the sprayshack to sort them, handles gloss, trim satin ?

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Took it off and sprayed it along with the door handles

Got the sprayshack to sort them, handles gloss, trim satin ?

I got it off. Pretty easy tbh. Just leavered it off with a screwdriver. The "wrap" I guess sort of fell off.

Gonna sand. Seal then prime/spray then laqour
15559461580847534875426854646687.jpg

megane 285 sport
Taking door handles off? That door cards off job? That's next on my TODO list. Gonna spray same color as car.
If you open the door in line with the handle behind the rubber seal, theres a rubber grommet, remove that and you have to go in with a hook facing up and hook onto a ledge, and pull towards and up in circular motion, its abit of pain to do, but once done the end bit of the handle pulls out and then the handle then slides acrossand comes out, be carefull as the handle may have a cable attached to it and connected inside the door, one of mine the connecter came out the other i had to disassemble the handle in situ and leave the sensor hanging there.

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
If you open the door in line with the handle behind the rubber seal, theres a rubber grommet, remove that and you have to go in with a hook facing up and hook onto a ledge, and pull towards and up in circular motion, its abit of pain to do, but once done the end bit of the handle pulls out and then the handle then slides acrossand comes out, be carefull as the handle may have a cable attached to it and connected inside the door, one of mine the connecter came out the other i had to disassemble the handle in situ and leave the sensor hanging there.

Cheers just not a bit fan of the primer grey handles. Look a bit odd. I'll tackle that at some point. Might have a spray day soon. Need to sort out the little nicks on the defusor. Gonna sand and fill them so will do handles while I'm at it.

Not sure if I'll do the satin black diamonds tho. Not 100% sure yet. The exhaust seround is supposed to be satin black, but it's come out a bit glossy. Should die Down

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Slippy clutch?

Good numbers, real figures as well being Scoffs dyno
Yeah pretty happy to be fair. The clutch is a bit rattley on idle sometimes so know it's not in the best shape. Wasn't chasing power, just wanted it to compliment the decat and turn off the dash lights

Had a strong base run at 274, he said it was keen to make power

Might get it tweeked to 350ftlb when I get the clutch sorted,