ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want to buy some new wheels but need help

I have a 1.4 ph2 mk2 clio and wanted to buy some OZ Gemini wheels for her. I dont kno whether or not to go for 16" or 17", its not the money thats the problem its whether or not they would rub or look stupid on my clio?
At the moment I have the standard 1.4 rims on and I measured them a couple of days ago and it said they were 16's.... but ive been told that they are 15's... so as you can see im very confused.
Also I have looked on wheel-base.co.uk and they dont seem to sell them so does anyone have any ideas on where I could buy them/get them fitted.

Thanks guys, all help is appreciated :) Adam

Artic Blue 182FF
did you own your car from new? standerd wheels are 15's. i think 17 may be too big. i would deff go for the 16's...

buy them from the oz site?

ive had the car for about 6 months now and it was used when I bourght it (1 previous owner). Are the OZ wheels not alot of money from the OZ website...? Its just I would of bourght them from there instead but I didnt want to pay silly prices. I have also decided to go for the 16's as there cheaper and will look better :) WIN WIN!

also what sizes should I be looking for? These are the sizes that are available
tyre sizes available for your chosen alloy wheel size (16x7):

195/40R16
195/45R16
195/50R16
205/45R16
205/50R16
205/55R16
215/40R16
225/50R16
215/55R16
245/70R16

but im just not sure what will fit and what will rub... I deffinatly dont want wheels that rub my the inside of my arches when i go over speed bumps, especially as i might be getting her lowered aswell. Sorry if this question has been asked before, I couldnt find it for my model of car..

Ads

Renault Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2
If they are standard rims im sure they would be 14 inch maybe im wrong.

OZ wheels are always expensive, even 2nd hand. If you can tell me the section width/aspect ratio/rim diameter i will try and help.

Clio Sport 1.4 16v
Ive just fitted a set of 16s with 195/45/16 tyres on my 1.4 mk2 ph2.
They look good and the car sits right. They wont scrub because if you go for a bigger wheel you just need to get a lower profile tyre so your rolling radius is the same as standard. ie - both old and new wheels with tyres will be the same size. Does that help mate?

Heres a picture:
http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n146/dazbock/?action=view&current=DSCN1174.jpg

Or Two:

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n146/dazbock/?action=view&current=clio45.jpg

Oh yeah and if your confused about what size your current wheels are just check your tyres the last digit will be either 15 or 16 possibly R15 depending on brand. If you want the ideal new wheel size just ask. I work at Carnoisseur so its pretty easy for me to check.

Daz

Hey, Thanks for the info and pics mate. I was going to ask the people at wheelbase but just wanted to get a couple of opinions from here first.
Things like whats the widest tyre I should go for before it scrapes or under performs? Also what are the best tyres to put onto a 16" or 17" OZ Alloy?

Basically I just want the best size of wheel for looks and best for practicality and also putting in mind I want to lower my car 40mm font/back.

Renault Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2
Mate. If you tell us the width/aspect ratio/rim on the tyre it would help. I will be able to caculate it then.

M2 Competition
If you get either 16's or 17's the wheels wont rub mate.

For 16's i would run 205/40, or 195/45 profile tyres

For 17's you can run 205/ 40 tyres, with no rubbing.

For it to look low on a 1.4 i would lower it 60mm, I had 17's with 205/40 tyres on my old 1.2, lowered 60mm, and no problems.

Hope this helps. How about looking for a set of 182 wheels, or cup turinis fella? They always look wicked on non-sport models.

ps- if you want to know what size wheels you have now, no need to measure them, just look at your tyres. Should be three numbers on them, the first two will be as ive written above, and the last one will be the size of your wheel.

ie- 185/55 R15 ;)

172 cup'd extreme
how you guess lol
ive just got over a grands worth of wheels chained up in my shed n its a shame[/quote]

where's mi bolt cutters :evil: