ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want to purchase a 182

Renault Clio 182
Hi all, have been after a Clio sport for a while now and and am currently negotiating with my local Renault dealer who have an 04 plate 182 coming on part ex with 30k on which they want £9795 for, the car has the cup susp with anthracite wheels. Is that a good price? and could someone give me an idea on how reliable these cars are and what the cost of servicing at Renault dealers is? Cheers!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
That sounds like quite a good price for a 182 from a Renault dealer

Servicing for a 172 is approx

36K £365
54K £235
72K £365

I don't think that the 182 differs much, the person you want to speak to is Mike from Rentech.

MINI JCW
In general Clio's are reliable cars but they do have a few niggling problems, such as engine mounts and the odd rattles.

As for servicing for the 1st and 2nd service at a main renault dealer you are looking at about £200 but as you car is past that and it is coming up to its 1st major service and that will be about £350

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Seems quite expensive for that amount of miles to be honest. But then again it is from a garage. Just keep looking :)

182 and 5 GTT
i would say its quite expensive as well. You would be better off selling and buying privately. Servicing is expensive from Renault. Depending where you are in the country, it would be better to go to either GDI or Rentech. Both companys are highly recomended on here. I bought my 05 plate 182 with both cup packs for £9750 on a private sale.

MINI JCW
Rentech and GDI are highly reccommended but for most people (me included) it is to far to travel, doing a 600 mile (rentech) round trip for an oil change is daft IMO and it would work out cheaper taking in to renault (although the service will be nowhere near as good)

Renault Clio 182
Thanks for you speedy replies all, I always join the owners club whatever car I have and I can safely say this is by far the best I have ever been in. Many Thanks!:D

Remapped derv Golf
Make sure it's got the CUP packs. If your not bothered about them buy a 172 and save youreself some cash.

Renault dealers are overpriced for servicing. As are most makes.

artic blue 182
just to give you an idea my 182 04 with 15k on the clock cost me 10150 in june last year...so as others have said a bit on the pricey side...loads around so dont rush into anything tempting as it is

Brisol my lover..
How about a liquid yellow 04 plate,11k???? £10499 renault dealer..

Last edited:
  RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
BIG jts said:
How about a liquid yellow 04 plate,11k???? £10499 renault dealer..

thats the one i test drove and was goona buy but changed my mine it came from chippnem and know is in city motors bristol i got the m down to 10000

Brisol my lover..
Ryan lezlie said:
thats the one i test drove and was goona buy but changed my mine it came from chippnem and know is in city motors bristol i got the m down to 10000
We got another as well 54 plate 11k.....