ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want your car photographing?

Suzuki Ignis
Is there anyone that wants their car photographing? I want to get into automotive stuff, not races but like product shots but my car is fugly. I only really want 1 car at a time at first because I think trying to do it at a meet will only get on peoples nerves while I'm faffing about having technical issues.
Later on in the year though once I know what I'm doing and can make it look easy, then I might just come to meets and have a go there.
But if anyone's got a bit of spare time in the new year one evening and as long as the weathers good, then we can meet up at a location and do some shots. Be good to meet a few people too and put names to faces.Im in Bolton btw, willing to travel within the NW though.

2346532108_077a8b30ff_o.png

Rebuilding my rig at the moment but heres one I did earlier in the year.
2583995587_d4f8882995_o.png

Anyway, just let me know, Ill probably bump this in the new year.

-Matt

impressive stuff mate.

me n foxy are meeting up in the week to get some shots, your more than welcome too come along n try some stuff out?

we'll be in and around manchester city centre, up to u matey. give me a pm if ur up for anything :)

Up rocks
its a rig shot. pole attached to car, camera attached to pole, push car 1-2s exposure then clone out rig.

Cheers, thought so. How on earth do you go about removing the rig in Photoshop? Is there an 'easy' way or is it just a case of spending hours blending ect? Any good tutorials around?

Last edited:
if you hang the mount from the roof and look up its easier to clone out. IMHO you're much better off learning how to shoot static shots first particularly as rig shots not as easy to so as they seem, they need the same compositional skills.

Up rocks
Just thinking because in order to remove the rig in Photoshop you would want another static shot of the car from the same angle without the rig on so you could use parts of that image to replace the parts on the moving image with the rig on. But as soon as you take the rig off (move the camera) you've lost your anlge.

Suzuki Ignis
Heres the unedited shot.

viewrig1.jpg

Just a case of practising till you know how the clone tool works, don't take to long when your used to it.

impressive stuff mate.

me n foxy are meeting up in the week to get some shots, your more than welcome too come along n try some stuff out?

we'll be in and around manchester city centre, up to u matey. give me a pm if ur up for anything :)

Nice one, yeah I'd be up for that. I am working most evenings this week though, working new year FTL. Friday I have off though, let me know.
-Matt

Up rocks
Oh i see, thanks. That does look a bit easier to clone out than the Audi above ^^ Its all in the rig placement! Thanks for that :)

Suzuki Ignis
Yeah was an easy one to do. Plus that one is only a 'one arm rig'. More arm means more strength and stability to the rig meaning sharper, cleaner shots. Sometimes people just use a a piece of string tied to the rig and then clamped or tied somewhere on the car to stop the rig bouncing around when your moving because or the flexing in the bodywork.

That was a 5 second exposure btw.