ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warm missfire again

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
So my cup has been off the road a year and a half partly because of a missfire when warm. Runs fine from cold. It will usually run for 25 min before the failure.
So far I've replaced
Leads
Coil pack
Plugs
Injectors
Engine sensor
O2 sensor
No errors showing
Anyone got amy ideas. Cos I'm out!
Ta

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah tdc sensor has been changed.
Coolant temp sensor hasn't been changed. I did think that actually. Maybe worth a change.
All Renault items or uprated.
My scanner isn't the best just a basic reader.
Ta

Renault Clio 2003
It will usually run for 25 min before the failurea
Sounds like a sensor failure in the engine compartment due to radiant heat from the engine block.
I would not bet on the coolant temperature sensor, as the car should reach running temperature in the coolant in less than 10 minutes.
25 minutes sounds more like a problem in the throttle body / TPS sensor receiving heat and getting a dysfunction.
But let us see how the new CTS affect the fault first...

PH2 172
Ok new cts fitted and the problem us still there. Grrr :rage:

You could check the vacuum hoses for the carbon canister & acoustic valve for an air leak.
Just remove the hoses from the inlet manifold & cap the spouts,one at a time.

dan's cast offs.
if it was a vac leak it would be there all the time. get it plugged in with something decent and look at live data.