ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning light at 150 mph (speedo)

BMW M3
Just wondering if its the norm for the warning light to come on at full pelt?

Think that would slow me down pretty rapidly

Not my 182 and on private road of course...

Hang on a sec... trying to upload pic

BMW M3
Here you go.....

82150.gif

Engles Mummy
Ah right, never new a 182 standard could do 150mph. Must take a fair bit to get there though...still wicked for show!

BMW M3
Subway said:
Ah right, never new a 182 standard could do 150mph. Must take a fair bit to get there though...still wicked for show!

Well... i presume its about 138 mph or something and the speedos out... seems to get less accurate the faster you go.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
iv had the light on mine and a similar speed, take it into dealership and they will reset it
it means the exhaust sensor or something has picked up something ,read the book it says something about it being at excessive speed

Burgandy 174 sport t
Not a 182 either mate, its my old172 with a decat on hence the light, hits the limiter at 150 indicated by the way.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
yeah it's the exhaust gas monitor light, mine came on the other day on my 182(not at that speed) phoned renault and they told me to get the AA out just to reset it as the waiting time was 2 weeks and the AA bloke told me it may be the HT leads arcing out as he found a bit of carbon on them.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yup.

Exhaust gas warning light.

If it happens again, don't bother troubling AA. Just disconnect the negative battery terminal for about 20 mins.

BMW M3
Big Iain said:
Not a 182 either mate, its my old172 with a decat on hence the light, hits the limiter at 150 indicated by the way.

Haha.... yeah, i did say it wasnt my car. Mate of mine sent the pic to me saying its a friends 182 and i was checking that the light wasnt serious for him.

I was wondering if it was someones off here.

Says he's a mate of yours...Al Frew?

Lol.... confusion!!!! What fun....

Burgandy 174 sport t
its my pic for deffo, he must have got it from here lol cos thats the only place its been posted that I know of, Al frew???
over a year now since I had that car.

poor car

BMW M3
Big Iain said:
its my pic for deffo, he must have got it from here lol cos thats the only place its been posted that I know of, Al frew???
over a year now since I had that car.

poor car

Really???!!!.... so you dont know him? His mate must have been claiming it was his pic to him..... haha owned !!!

Sorry about that.... must have words with his mate.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro
Yeah it should be able to do 150!
i got 133 recently, but only pics to prove 130...! (all on the continent might I add)

how do u upload pics on here neway?