ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning Symbol

Clio 172 51 plate black
Hi

This symbol
jujuy_1133035926_autodiagnosticmoteur.jpg
has just appeared on my dash, i know it is to do with the anti-pollution but does any one know why this could be. I have just got the car from a dealer who had serviced it etc and only had it 2 weeks!!!

Cheers

Dibbz

M

mini-valver

llamba sensor almost all the time, get it plugged into a diagnostic machine to see which one it is (theres one either side of the cat) and replace. If it isnt the llambda the diagnostic will tell you exactly what it is anyways.
Id be inclined to get the dealer to do it FOC though.....

Clio 172 51 plate black
cheers!

I thought it was probably a sensor! if not any ideas what it could be???

Yeh im going to try its got a warrenty so hopefully that will cover it

Cheers

Dibbz

FF Blackgold 182
I thought that it was the Engine Management Light. Could be a multitude of things. Best get to the dealer.

M

mini-valver

No, its the emission light and monitors the Llambda sensors, carbon canister and CAT.
Take it to the dealer and get them to plug it in and that'l give the fault code and youll be able to replace whats broken without guessing whats up....

Chocolate Bar™
DON'T go to the dealer. go to someone who knows what they're doing, and doesnt want to charge £37.50 to plug in the CLiP before they even tell you whats wrong with it. Had that from two dealers before i learnt my lesson and didnt go back.

But yes, hes right and it is almost 100% the lamba sensor.

M

mini-valver

Woohoo ;)
If they will do it in warranty fair enough but as Middo said, a local garage is a LOT cheaper.....

Milltek'd 182
comes up on mine...only when idleing. goes away when i start to drive. i took it back to renualt they said both sensors were fine and then tried to 'recreate' the problem buy taking it for a rag (averaged about 9mpg iirc!) even though i said it was just on idle...then gave me back the keys and said there was nothing wrong!

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
yeh mine had this last week, plugged it into the diagnostic which said my brake lights were not working(which they are) so i just cleared it, its fine now...

172 Ph2
Mine did this when the CAT was on it's way out! It'll either be the CAT or a lamda. Bear in mind that mine was said to be a lamda when plugged into Reno's computer. As soon as the cat broke in half the light went off! New cat was fitted, no light came back on! For lamdas the best place is clio-spares as they charge £40+Vat for one. Bear in mind there are two lamdas and the are two different part numbers! For a cat, janspeed or k-Tec (circa £300) and a bit of a b**ch to fit!!