ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty Question

182 ff
Hi,

I noticed my rear shock leaking again so took it into a dealer to get it sorted. After having the car for over a day they have called me to say that the rear shock is leaking (no s**t!) and both should be replaced.

They also informed me that as my car is an import this isn't covered by the warranty, I definitely do have the extra 2 years dealer warranty so are they just trying to rob me?

Also as this same shock was changed less that 12,000 miles ago could I also claim that it was unfit for use?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

BBoy.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini
IIRC all parts are covered by a 12 month warrenty.

both 172's I've owned needed rear shocks at 24k and 28k miles niether where covered under the 3 yr warrenty.

cock mobile.
Was it at the same dealership?

Don't take it lying down, take in details or your warranty etc as well.

182 ff
It's a different dealer unfortunately.

I've called Renault UK but they are having to call me back as they couldn't find my car on their system. I'm going to argue with them, especially as they took a day to diagnose a leaking damper, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to pay, great.

You have 3 years warently.

You sometimes have to tell, Renault Uk your cars over here and register it with them hence why there having trouble finding it.

Free dampers though.