ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Was wondering if anyone knew which wire is positive?

Renault Clio 02
Anyone know which wire is posotive for the ignition barrel. want to install a rpm light flashy thing lol
IMG_20140716_1922501_zps4398e5a9.jpg

172 Ph1
Is that connector for the barrel reading ring for the chip in the key ?

If it is I wouldn't use that live wire .
Wouldn't want anything running of of it , just incase you get issues down the line later .

clio dci , ren8
Don't play with that wire its the code reader supply ,ignition wires are the larger ones in the backround that go to the back of the ignition barrel

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
do you have a multimeter?

i have to say if you dont know what your doing with electrics you really shouldnt be messing about

Renault Clio 02
i know enough what im doing with electrics.this is my first car so im just learning as i go along. if someone knew which wire was posotive it would save me some time.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If you knew enough you'd already have checked it out with a probe or DMM (or know Red is live and black is earth) but, anyway let's not start that...

Red - +5v
Black - Gnd
Brown - Coded line to UCH

Renault Clio 02
mate i dunno why your being a tw*t lol im only asking for help. i know red is pos and black is earth -_- but apparently these arent the sorrect wires. Its the big ones in the background which looks like it has a couple but i havent checked it out yet..

E46 M3
Am I the only one thinking he's confusing ignition barrel and the ignition coil signal required for the "rpm light flashy thing"?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So it just wants any switch live. I'd go for the one to the radio tbh. Wouldn't want to touch anything around the ignition barrel etc if you don't know what you're doing.

Dash off takes about 10 mins so it's easy enough to route the wire from the rpm bag of s**t.

Renault Clio 02
nah but i want to learn how to do these sort of things for future stuff. i only got this car for 400 quid manly to practice with, i know mistakes will happen but that's how you learn

Renault Clio 02
thats sweet then. id much rather use the lighter postive, so much easier as well. now the last wire has to go to the negative of the coil or the tach terminal. now to figure that out.

Renault Clio 02
lol, some people make me laugh. this is a learning curve for me, how else am i meant to learn if i dont make mistakes? it should easily be fixed