ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer Blanks

b/g 182, meg tourer
for the headlight washers or front screen washers?

keep an eye open on here for 'cup' blanking plates in the for sale section. they cost a fortune. or use your imagination and do it the cheap way and just bung the holes up neatly. do a search for ideas. its been covered a lot lately.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
for the headlight washers or front screen washers?

keep an eye open on here for 'cup' blanking plates in the for sale section. they cost a fortune. or use your imagination and do it the cheap way and just bung the holes up neatly. do a search for ideas. its been covered a lot lately.
Do you reckon they will cost a fortune ?

Its just that I have just bought some headlight washers from Renault as mine were leaking and it cost me £22 for both of them.

I bet they are a lot cheaper than that, so if I were you I would ask one of the techys to dig you out the part number & price and go direct to Renault

b/g 182, meg tourer
the renault cup blanking plates for the headlight washers are £70ish iirc. its a joke!
like you said the washer jets themselves are cheap at £22, and they are a working part! seems crazy that the blanks are that expensive but its true.
best bet is rubber blanking grommets from halfords etc. thats what i have done on mine and it tidies up the front end nicely.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
f**k me thats absolutely ridiculous!

I would be tempted to buy the washer jets instead lol!

b/g 182, meg tourer
yep, its ridiculous.
i was going to replace my leaking jets with new ones but... i was sick of them leaking all of the time and spraying my car when i only wanted the screen jets to spray, putting water marks all over my clean car.
had a look at an r26r at fcs and noticed the washer jets were remover by renault and replaced with a very simple rubber grommet, so i did the same :)