ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer Jets

Another strange problem, when I pull the stalk back to fire the water to wash my screen the jets work normally and fire a decent amount of water out and will do until I release the stalk but if I pull the stalk back again I get a pathetic dribble from the jets. If I leave it 20 seconds or so they'll work fine again.

Obviously it has something to do with the motor but what I can't understand is why they'll work perfectly fine at 1st then start playing up, surely if the motor was on it's way out the jets wouldn't work properly all the time?
Doesn't appear to be any blockage through the pipe work either.

Renault Clio S
I have just replaced my washer jet motor after it displayed odd behaviour, similar to yours, before packing up altogether. It's cheap enough to replace and very easy to fit.

I have just replaced my washer jet motor after it displayed odd behaviour, similar to yours, before packing up altogether. It's cheap enough to replace and very easy to fit.

Ah ok, cheers mate.

I'll probably just end up replacing it, I have previously been told the motor is a little weak so guess it's just getting worse.

Following up from this thread I posted up months ago I think the motor has finally packed up. I 1st thought the motor might have been frozen up as there's no noises coming from it at all.

It's a little warmer today and it's exactly the same so I do think the motor is dead.

Does anyone know if you can get the motor from EuroCarParts or anyother places like that, don't fancy paying Renault's prices for parts.

Ian

Focus TDCi
My washers weren't working yesterday mate, although by the afternoon they must've have warmed up a bit as they started working on the way home from work. You sure it's not just the cold?

My washers weren't working yesterday mate, although by the afternoon they must've have warmed up a bit as they started working on the way home from work. You sure it's not just the cold?

Well I did think it was down to the cold at 1st but mine haven't worked for the past 2 days lol. When your's weren't working did you get any noises from the motor?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Oof I'm not sure tbh! Had the heaters on full wack which make quite a lot of noise, so couldn't hear much else.

M

mini-valver

Boil the kettle and pour it down the scuttle over the washer bottle to try and defrost it first before you buy a motor.