ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wat can i dooo

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
insurance says i cant lower my car am not allowed, wat can i do to make it look lower hhhmm

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
haha yeah spose, i want a 1.2 twingo turbo wen they come out, would be fun. I wanna buy some angel eyes etc jus to make it luk bit better but am sellin it end of summer so can i justify another few hundred on stuff tht wont make it worht a few hundred more. hhmmm

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Bit harsh.

Did they say they would void your policy if you did this, or that the policy just wouldn't include your suspension?

Do they know about your alloys lol?

I'm pretty sure at least 80% of car owners that modify or alter their cars don't tell their respective insurance companies.

You could be naughty and do it anyway, and if you do have a situation where you need to make a claim, don't expect it to be a succesful claim ;)

I wanna mod myself but don't think I realistically should, as I doubt my insurer [ASDA] would be too happy. I distinctly remember on the day I took it out that they asked is the car completely standard, to which I obviously replied yes... :boring:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
haha yeah they dont care about alloys, as the cars come's with them

standard, nah its like an agent company and the guy just said no. Thing is i

really dont wanna do it an not be covered am delivery driver sooo on the

road alot u never know.

Plus now i have asked them so they may check if i do have an accident,

Pablo, think ASDA allow up to 3 mods, I was with them last year and had lowering springs + alloys. Cost about £150 extra to insure them though..

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Pablo, think ASDA allow up to 3 mods, I was with them last year and had lowering springs + alloys. Cost about £150 extra to insure them though..

Thats useful, cheers bud.

I've got 4 things planned, ill do a thread tomorrow mentioning them when I upload pics.
Were there other things you didn't declare though?

Looking for a 1.8 16v
haha nah not sure only wanted 40mm, they just said no.
mud flaps maybe ?

say u will go else where ask to speak to there supervisor and say that u are only lowerin the car because of betta handling durin the winter and they mite let u off!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeah lol could try but i am just a named driver so they would be like sooo your step dad agrees with this does he. hhmmmm

If they say no, the answers no.

Please don't "do it anyway" and hope for the best. Insurance is there to protect you, use it wisely!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeah i use the clio as a delivery car aswell so rack up alot of miles, town drivin and country roads so it ent worth me doin it anyway, thts why i phoned them

Thats useful, cheers bud.

I've got 4 things planned, ill do a thread tomorrow mentioning them when I upload pics.
Were there other things you didn't declare though?

Only some different rear lights, but they said I didn't need to declare them.