ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

water dripping in car

Ph 1 172
it was pissing down with rain the other day and i was driving my car. i took a left and all i can say is that i got covered in water. it all came through the interior light (i dont have a sunroof got a ph quick) i checked the headlining and it was soaked around the light!! anyone else had this problem?? and how did you fix it because i cant get the ariel which is what i think is causing to sit flush on the roof!! any ideas would be great lol

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
defo the aerial as mine did it too !! take interior light out .. unbolt the aerial and see if you can see a prob .. if not, fill it up with silicone and seal back down properly

:)

Clio mk1 facelift model
I have had this problem with a my mk1 clio and has been a common problem with most of the clios that people i know have including the new models.

It comes through the sun roof itself and is not the aerial most of the time from what i am aware of (however could very well be). I have sold mine by taking out the rubbber seal (which for some reason i found was loose and have done in many clios?) and i sealed it clear (something the names gone out of my head :/ will come back to me sometime i imagine) and this seems to have solved the problem and it has been through a lot of rain since. Hope this helps.

Its a horrible problem to have because the water builds up under the roof cos i took the whole interior out of mine from the roof and it was soaked and it builds up there and in the interior light and when you take a corner you disturb the water and thus the leek arrives.