ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Inside Driver's Sill

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Found the source of the sloshing noise after heavy rain. The drivers sill was full of water. This is how much I removed
IMG_1521_zps6o0zzlh8.jpg

Where is is getting in? And is there a drain point for it as I think it could be blocked. This isn't linked to the blocked wiper scuttle drain issue I had a while back? (Actually still have it but it has improved with my poking around to clear the plugs, will do it again next week, but car is covered now so hopefully wont get wet. )

172 Ph1
When I had my Ph1 fill with water back in 2009 , I ripped out the centre rubber drain tube and I haven't ever had a problem since .
With regard to the sill filling with water , I'd say it has to pass through as water will get in anywhere , I'd say the under seal has blocked the drain passage for the water to escape.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
When I had my Ph1 fill with water back in 2009 , I ripped out the centre rubber drain tube and I haven't ever had a problem since .
With regard to the sill filling with water , I'd say it has to pass through as water will get in anywhere , I'd say the under seal has blocked the drain passage for the water to escape.
The centre drain tube under the wiper scuttle is that? And Under seal as in that thick paint like stuff you put on chassis and that? And where does it block up?

Take the front arch liners out and clear all the mud from behind them..
Ok, I will do this.

I just hope the water in the sills havent caused damage.

I am hoping that now the car is covered it is less prone to getting water everywhere it shouldn't

172 Ph1
The centre drain tube under the wiper scuttle is that? And Under seal as in that thick paint like stuff you put on chassis and that? And where does it block up?

Yes the centre one by the wiper mechanism. Bin it fella.

Where the front jacking point is , that is where the two skins meet , there should be a small recess for the water to escape , as long as the hole is clear , it will be fine .

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Yes the centre one by the wiper mechanism. Bin it fella.

Where the front jacking point is , that is where the two skins meet , there should be a small recess for the water to escape , as long as the hole is clear , it will be fine .
Will give this a go next weekend. If there isn't a hole near the jacking point then there will be one by the end of the weekend! lol