ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Leak...

Renault Clio 172
Searched through a couple of threads and just wondered if people could help me at all...

I have a water leak under the passenger side seat and footwell bit. My heating has just recently been playing up about the same time as I noticed the water under the seat. It's causing a lot of condensation and damp smell in the car so I wanted to get it sorted out asap really.

Does anyone know whether it could be the heater matrix and if so, how much do these cost to replace or fix or whatever?

Also, does anyone know of any good garages around Cambridgeshire that won't rip me off etc?

Thanks!!!

(It's a Clio 16v mk1 by the way)

Have you been having to top up the coolent if not then into not that leaking.

Most likly it a seal under the scuttle panel leaking or is you've a sunroof that.

Cannot hepp with the garage though. GDI are cambridge way but again there a garge who'll chage similar to normal garag prices I know know any cash in hand one person operators etc.

Best ay is to do it yotrwself take the carpet up and have a look might be as simple as a bumg missing under the car.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
hi. as above. if your header tank is loosing water then its most probably your heater matrix. if not then sometimes finding a leak is like looking for a needle in a haystack. good luck!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You in trouble again Stacey :D

That sunroof of yours would be the first place to look.

The best place for Renault in Cambridge is Barr-tech at Cowley Road 01223 425300
The guy who owns it is called Tino, he used to be the head mechanic at Wests years ago, knows more about Renaults than Renault.

Or there is Andys cars down the road from you, but I know people who have fallen out with them about overcharging.

Have a nice Christmas ;)

Renault Clio 172
Thanks Brian!

Lol been to Andy's Cars before and they have tried very badly to rip me off for nearly £300!!! They said I had problems with my brakes when they were new so went to the brake place opposite that fitted them and had a free test and they were fine and got the problems I did have for £70 in the end....won't be going back there again!!!

Going to hopefully strip the seats out this weekend (they need swapping over anyway) and try to find the leak and then if me and the bf can't sort it out will let a garage do it. I've used Prestige in Whittlesey (near P'Boro) before and they are quite good just out in the middle of nowhere!