ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Leak

Renault Clio 1.4 RN
Hi everybody!

I'm new to the forum, and that's my first post. I live in Dublin and I brought the Clio from France, being it my first Renault I have to say the Clio is a pretty tough car as I'm a very careless owner, and as a result of months of neglect, the car died (not all of it). 3 days ago I was driving home when the motor became really hot, when I arrived at home I opened the hood and I found a leak on the motor. If you look at the photo, just above the battery there's a white part with some cables attached and just below it there's a hole (not visible on the first photo), the water is leaking from there.

01_ae2.JPG

03_ae2.JPG

02_ae2.JPG

04_ae2.JPG

I will book a visit to the garage this week so the mechanic can have a look at it but I would like to know more or less the damage this will do to my pocket. Does anyone know what parts should I expect my mechanic to change?

Cheers,

Leandro

Civic Vtec y0
water leak is never good, best way to find out is a pressure test thing. It will pin point the exact location. I had one done when i got my coupe and there was 6 leaks so look on the bright side lol

Renault Clio 1.4 RN
I found out the solution in another forum... it's a cap or seal in that hole that got rusty and started to leak, apparently I just need to replace and check for other leaks. The problem is, I don't know the name of that part in English :S Does anyone know? Tried Motor Cap, Motor Seal but no success.