ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wax for black gold

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
What wax do people use for black gold? Currently using poor boys natty paste, not much left so fancied trying some new products.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 85

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Try some Britemax Vantage?

What's your budget and do you require durability?

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Budgets around £50 I'm after something that apply's easy with a long lasting protection that still gives a good shine

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
After a wash or polish Poorboys BlackHole followed by chemical guys triple X wax is a great combo. If you want long lasting protection especially for winter then Collinite 476 is great. I actually really rate the shine from 476, its also really easy to apply and buff off.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Does it have to be wax? I use chemical guys sealant which is easy to use and lasts well

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's BG it's summer. It deserves a wax though.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
As I just posted posted in another wax thread, try vics concours wax. Durability isn't great but the finish is awesome.

Applied I've hydro2 on my black beemer a while ago and it looked slick as f**k.

RB Clio 182
VO5 styling wax is decent, it takes bloody ages to wash out my hair.

Dodo juice purple haze pro is good on black cars, smells lovely too, quite durable and its really easy to buff off, it leaves a nice wet look, a little like the VO5 above.

RB Clio 182
Durability for me isn't an issue as the car gets a once over every week. I highly recomend wolf white satin as a neutral shampoo.

I like the maguiars gold class shampoo, it stays nice and frothy unlike some that I have tried which I have needed to add a dash of snowfoam to to give it a few suds.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I've tried quite a few now and nothing comes close, for me. Doesn't stream when it dries and because it's neutral the car dries very quickly. I won't be trying any others as 1l is a tenner.

RB Clio 182
I've tried quite a few now and nothing comes close, for me. Doesn't stream when it dries and because it's neutral the car dries very quickly. I won't be trying any others as 1l is a tenner.

Who sells this mate? And sorry for hijacking your thread op :(

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I'll have a look at the waxes you've all suggested, once a month I try to use poorboys Polish, glaze, seleant and wax just wanted to try something different other that poor boys.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have a look at the waxes you've all suggested, once a month I try to use poorboys Polish, glaze, seleant and wax just wanted to try something different other that poor boys.

I have the bilt hamber speed wax which is nice to use

RB Clio 182

Poorboys is decent stuff tbh mate, I quite like it and most products smell lovely.

Mito Sportiva 135
For £50 I would go for Dodo Juice Blue Velvet or you might be able to buy a Swisswax wax for that amount.
With BG though, the quality of the polishing will have the biggest impact on the overall look - so make sure you do a good job with that first!

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I know it needs a good machine polish which its booked in for end of July, can see swirl marks and I hate it! I don't trust my self to attempt it my self

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
For £50 I would go for Dodo Juice Blue Velvet or you might be able to buy a Swisswax wax for that amount.
With BG though, the quality of the polishing will have the biggest impact on the overall look - so make sure you do a good job with that first!
It's not even the best DJ wax!

Mito Sportiva 135
It's not even the best DJ wax!
Sorry I meant Purple Haze...but apart from Supernatural it is the best for dark coloured cars. I've used on a variety of shades between dark blue/grey/black and always impresses.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
PH is the best one imo, SN gases way too much and non of them last that long anyway, lovely waxes. Avoid the pro range.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
You're in/near Leeds aren't you?

If you've got a little pot knocking around and fancy trying the Vics Concours wax, give me a shout as I've got a pot in the garage which I can take some out of if you want.

Yeah I'm in crossgates. If you don't mind that would be great!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeah I'm in crossgates. If you don't mind that would be great!

I'm in Middleton (LS10) so not a million miles away.

I'm pretty busy with work this week but I'll be at home most of the weekend as I'm fitting new tie rods and tie rod ends if you're about, drop me a PM.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Yeah should be around at the weekend I'll Bob you a message! Off to efi for a power run Saturday so that should be fun