ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wax / Polish preventing frost?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Noticed last night and this morning, that all the cars around me in the car park were covered in frost, and yet mine has none.

Would this be down to the waxing / glass polish?

isnt it to do with different colours and them reflecting heat better or worse? hence white cars are better in hot countries and why they paint house white as well?

dad has a silver audi and never seems to get frost on it whereas my blue clio always does and my neighbours black beamer is constantly frozen over.

just a guess.

jamie

BMW E46 330i Touring
Hmm, could be. I didn't check the colours to be honest. Even the windows weren't frosted though...

Still, quite cool to not have to wait to defrost the windscreen, used to do my head in in my old blue Fiesta!

i know the feeling, although clios seem to defrost and generally heat up so much quicker. which on a hot day is bad but when its winter its great! mates focus use to take ages to even get remotely useable!!

jamie

think it depends on the temperate of the car too?

like if youve been out in yours at 1.30am with a nice warm interior, leave it and its iced over at 5.30am when get up to go to work..

whereas if someoens cars been stood there since 5pm the previous evening it doesnt ice over as much??

im sur ei read somewhee that if you park your car up, leave windows open for 5/10mins so the inside gets as freezing as the outside, then shut windows and lock car up its not supposed to freeze over in the morning?

only problem there is if the air is moist as well as cold (like when it's gonna be frosty) when u put your heaters on in the morning u'll get s**t loads of condensation