ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

way to change the Throttle body with a better one (ECU Related)

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
Hi! searched the forum .. googled it but nothing "definitive" so I'm asking here.. maybe some guru ehhe

the engine is a k4j from a mk2 ph2.
the throttle body is classic OEM FBW (the 5th one!!!!!)
The ecu is the stock siemens sirius 34

I really want to get rid of that kind of TB.. i've changed 5 in less than 100000km i don't like the "laggy" feeling and so on.
the sirius is a pretty much used ecu on renault cars... and i've seen that other renault cars (beside mk2 clios) with k4m engines got different TB.. like the 182 one.
So beside changing the connector (anyway both have 6 pins) and putting hands on the ecu anyone knows if it's possible to do such a mod?! I only got to know IF it's possible...a different program or data set..
the first TB I had was a full plastic black one, when i chaged it the first time, in the box there was a CD that renault service used to make the ecu work with it.
maybe a TB from a twingo 133 which has the k4m too could be plugged in..
Any advice, help, anything would be appreciated :boring: but...please...HEEEEEELP eheheh

obviously "mechanical" mods to fit aren't a problem for me.. and obviously :) WITH the siemens sirius, i know that fitting a standalone would solve...

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
Some new infos:

I've done some searching, and i've also noticed a bunch of RS owners who wants to change back from FBW to mechanical throttle body like non ph1 but (using the stock ecu) without sorting the problem.
But.... but there is a renault sport kit which was built for that, it included the mechanical throttle body, plenum (due to different screws position and no modify allowed on gr.n), wiring loom, cable, pedal and various bits and a STOCK ecu remapped with gr.n data.
So... this means that beside the mod of the loom (provided for the impossibility to make such mods on gr.n) it's just a matter of mapping to make that work.. isn't it?
the problem may be the "limits" people find programming the ecu.. but.. dunno.. there's got to be a way.