ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weak Idle - Clio 3

Clio 3 Phase1
Hi everyone and thanks for having me here.

I’m actually having idling issues with my 2007 Clio 3 Phase1 ( 1.4L 16v K4J 780 ).

Exactly 1 week ago, I started the car up, which it did very normally and was then idling at around 1000 rpm for the cold start. A couple of minutes later, the engine stalled abruptly and wouldn’t want to start up normally again unless you depress the throttle pedal to keep the revs. As soon, as you lift off, it idles very low ( 500 rpm ) and stalls right after.

I changed all 4 spark plugs and ignition coils and it’s now able to start up without having to depress the throttle pedal but is still very weak and stalls right after. Battery is quite new as well.
The engine revs to higher rpms normally without any problems or weird sound but it’s just that it cannot idle properly.

Any help or advices from previously similar situations would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance !

Cheers,
Neel

Clio 197
Hi Neel, it may be worth cleaning the actual TDC sensor itself with a bit of brake cleaner on the tip.

Clio 3 Phase1
Hi Neel, it may be worth cleaning the actual TDC sensor itself with a bit of brake cleaner on the tip.
Hi there ! Thank you very much for the reply.
I've googled TDC sensor to see how it looks like but I can't seem find it. Could you please point me towards which part in the engine bay is it located given it's quite crammed in there.
Once I'm able to find it, I'll clean it as you advised and see if everything gets back to normal. I'll give you an update once completed.
Thanks !!