ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

web hosting? someone shed some light :/

clio ph2 172
Struggling with making a website mi-lake, I've managed to design the website...it works, I've tried it, i have a domain name, but now i want it to go live!

Im struggling with finding a suitable host!
Anyone had any experience in that area before that could shed some light?
I don't really want to be paying through the roof for a host, but obviously you get what you pay for!
The site I've designed it all on is wix.com

Any help would be appreciated!

clio ph2 172
Had a look on both of them, both seem reasonably priced!

Wix do offer hosting but it doesn't seem that great for the money.

I deal with A LOT of hosting companies and you really do get what you pay for. I would be tempted to agree with GoDaddy, whilst their interface is truly horrific their customer service and pricing is easy enough.

Personally I would be looking at something with cPanel.

I don't think they offer cPanel with shared hosting, but clook (clook.net) are very good. One of our clients has a dedicated with them and uptime is fantastic.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I'd have said tsohost, who I believe is a sister company of vidahost anyway.

But, if you've done the side on wix, you're kinda of stuck there, aren't you?

Well, without a bit of bodging, anyway.

I'd have said tsohost, who I believe is a sister company of vidahost anyway.

But, if you've done the side on wix, you're kinda of stuck there, aren't you?

Well, without a bit of bodging, anyway.

I was going to recommend TSO, as we have around 50 sites hosted with them, as well as emails. Their support is great but uptime is awful, emails are always going down as well as sites and databases.

Personal use, you'll probably never notice, but just my 2p worth.

We use Cloud hosting on TSO.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I deal with A LOT of hosting companies and you really do get what you pay for. I would be tempted to agree with GoDaddy, whilst their interface is truly horrific their customer service and pricing is easy enough.

Personally I would be looking at something with cPanel.

I don't think they offer cPanel with shared hosting, but clook (clook.net) are very good. One of our clients has a dedicated with them and uptime is fantastic.

Customer service??

Didn't goDaddy recently admit to giving out a user personal details thus letting that user lose his $50,000 twitter handle as well as his whole gmail account and website ??

Id avoid goDaddy just for this scenario.

If you want some decent dedicated hosting id go with digitalocean.com

Can create an instance in 50 seconds and have a website online in 5 minutes all for about £3.30 a month.

Last edited:
Customer service??

Didn't goDaddy recently admit to giving out a user personal details thus letting that user lose his $50,000 twitter handle as well as his whole gmail account and website ??

If avoid goDaddy just for this scenario.

If you want some decent dedicated hosting id go with digitalocean.com

Can create an instance in. 50 seconds and have a website online in 5 minutes all for about £3.30 a month.

LOL. Yes they did 'n' iirc. This could have happened anywhere though, especially with how he set everything up.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
It wouldn't have happened though if goDaddy didn't give out his personal info?

I understand what your saying with regarding to linking your email to a personal domain.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Wasn't it a social engineering tactic used by the hacker, think it's more down to the individual employee rather than the company.

Yes, but the employer was working for goDaddy who admitted they didn't train there employees regarding the situation.