ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

weird idle..

clio 172
just been to test drive another 172, and it idles a little weird.

when started cold or warm it sits at about 1000/1100 rpm, but when you are coming to a stop the idle goes up to 200rpm and sits ther until you blip the throttle. what could be causing this?
the temp gauge sits on the dot below halfway all the time.. and the car is a ph1 172

RenaultSport 172
Sounds like it needs a new throttle cable. Mine does this and i've ordered a new cable costs about £20.

clio 172
how do you clean the throttle body? and pics would help..im a tad retrdent when it comes to that sort of thing

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You motherfucka!!!!!!!!
timo-glock-sebastian-vettel.jpg

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Just follow the main air duct from the filter to the throttle body, you will see a small hose attached to it that goes to a small electric motor with a connector on the top, that's the idle speed control valve, it only has a couple screws, detach it from its mountings and give it a good clean with carburettor cleaner...you should also clean the throttle body, specially around the flap...to prevent it from sticking...

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
My old PH1 track cars throttle body after 90,000 miles

Before :

DSC00553.jpg

After :

DSC00554.jpg

Idle was all over the place, Cruise control didnt help either ( old dried throttle cable :rasp: )

Once it was all cleaned up & the new cable installed the idle was spot on!

When you remvoe the body you will need a new gasket as its not like the PH2's that have a re-usable rubber one