ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird knocking noise...

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Had this weird noise at the rear on my 172 for about a week now, so today I decided to Jack it up. No play in wheel bearings and everything looks tight, but if you put the handbrake on and rock the nearside rear wheel as if it was rotating I hear the knock I’ve been hearing. I’m stumped as to what it could be...

Any help would be appreciated

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Had this weird noise at the rear on my 172 for about a week now, so today I decided to Jack it up. No play in wheel bearings and everything looks tight, but if you put the handbrake on and rock the nearside rear wheel as if it was rotating I hear the knock I’ve been hearing. I’m stumped as to what it could be...

Any help would be appreciated

I had a similar issue. Can't remember where I posted the update, but is was worn sliders in the rear passenger caliper. I got knocking when driving too. Replaced with another good caliper and noise gone.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Oooh that does actually make a lot of sense. I think I’ve got a spare slider in the garage I’ll swap it out and see if it goes. Cheers guys!