ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WEIRD NOISE

1.2 16v (2002)
When driving in a straight line my car is fine but if i stear to the left it makes a wierd noise like a vibration which you can feel through the car. i have had a new bearing put in cos it needed it but cant find this problem any ideas? its a 02 reg

cheers

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i thought maybe they could be catching the bodywork. Perhaps you have another bearing out. happened to me.

i changed the left one and then 3 weeks later the right one started playing up.

failing that, it wont hurt to take a look at your cv joints to make sure the gaitors are not split.

1.2 16v (2002)
took car to a garrage to check the bearings cv joints and bushes all come back fine and he recons that the noise is from the gearbox. find that strange as the noise is only their when stearing left?

any ideas

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Being as the mechanic mentioned the gearbox, the only thing that makes sense to me there is, maybe a mount?

i thought maybe they could be catching the bodywork. Perhaps you have another bearing out. happened to me.

i changed the left one and then 3 weeks later the right one started playing up.

failing that, it wont hurt to take a look at your cv joints to make sure the gaitors are not split.

I had the same problem with bearings. I had some vibration at the front, I knew my n/s front bearing was going so had that done. The vibration on that side stopped. Had it in the garage to check everything out, (including rack) to see what was causing the vibration on the o/s. I was told it looked like it was a faulty tyre, but since then the o/s front bearing has started to sing like a b**ch! She's sitting in the garage as I'm typing this to get that bearing sorted too. I suspect when I get her back the vibration will have gone. ~Fingers crossed~