ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird Phone call from Orange

Clio 197 FF
Just had a strange phone call from Orange ISP asking to change my internal network addresses from static to DHCP, I asked him why and didn't give a reason, anyone had a similar experience? I dont see how they could know im using static addresses when im using NAT. Don't know why they would ask me to do this.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yer, incoming calls, never give anything out, or change anything, to many scamming c unts about

ITB BG 182
Just been on the phone to orange about some thing on my bill and asked them about this phone call you have had and if they would ask people to change. Apparently they would not call you about it.

Clio 197 FF
Thanks John, thought he sounded like a scamming c**t, didn't give anything away though I basically told him to f**k off in the end. Was a withheld number so couldn't ring them back on that line or Google the number.

182FF with cup packs
There would be no reason ever for any ISP to get you to change your internal IP range that I can think of. Behind NAT there is no way at all of telling whether your addresses are assigned statically or dynamically.

Having said that, I dunno what they would be trying to achieve with this. I cannot think of any reason why a scammer would get you to do this at all (well not unless they already had access to your network, but were to stupid to work out your IP range and assign themselves and addrsss in there.)

Clio 197 FF
Im beginning to think that they have rang the wrong person back or something with regards to a technical issue. I wasn't the one who answered the phone, I just got it passed to me lol.

Last edited: