ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

well hello there...

1995 Clio Oasis 1.2
Just got a new...well old... 1995 Black Renault Clio Oasis (3 doors, 1.171l)
LOVE IT!!!
wheres the place to go for advice on how to upgrade/improve it visually?

thanks
Anthony

Stripped yozza'd cup
Here. Lol.
What sort of thing do you want to do to it? It's easier for people if you put some pictures up.

1995 Clio Oasis 1.2
Glad to hear that! :)
right here come the pics (you asked for it! :p)

CAR001edit.jpg

CAR004edit2.jpg

CAR002edit.jpg

CAR003edit.jpg

CAR010.jpg

now for the interior:

CAR005.jpg

CAR009.jpg

CAR007.jpg

CAR008.jpg

CAR006.jpg

so yeah... i'm thinking - colour code the bumpers and the strip under the windshield (not sure whether to do it black like the car or if a different colour would work?)
new trims and then in the future (when it won't break my wallet even more for insurance) alloys
and DEFINATELY new seats! not a fan of the ones i have at the moment at all! (including door cards) maybe a new/different steering wheel?
then maybe have it lowered and stuff?...who knows - i'm very new to all this stuff...

any comments or ideas will be ery much appreicated :)

thanks
Anthony

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There's quite a big mk1 scene on here now so I'm sure some people in the know will be along to point you in the right direction.

Welcome to the club.

1995 Clio Oasis 1.2
There's quite a big mk1 scene on here now so I'm sure some people in the know will be along to point you in the right direction.

Welcome to the club.

*fingers crossed*
and thanks :p

i presume it is worth getting the £10 membership for access to the Marketplace section, right?

Jap Box
*fingers crossed*
and thanks :p

i presume it is worth getting the £10 membership for access to the Marketplace section, right?

Welcome, yeah its well worh the £10 membership cost :) you get some nice free goodies with it too then :)

Plans are good, for now though you should get buffing up them bumpers nd plastics on the ouside for them to go from the dirty light grey back to their blackish colour. Auto Glym bumper care will do the trick (I think its called that)

That would be a nice cheap one anyway :)

Get some aero wiper blades (Or tesco flat blades), clear side repeaters. All cheap mods to do :)

Then in you have the budget go for some Wiliams alloys, lower it and then possibly a spoiler from a higher model than yours? (Not entirely sure on the MK1 scene to be honest, someone more clued up should be along soon :))

Nice colour to start with though and it looks in fairly good condition for the age.

1995 Clio Oasis 1.2
Welcome, yeah its well worh the £10 membership cost :) you get some nice free goodies with it too then :)

Plans are good, for now though you should get buffing up them bumpers nd plastics on the ouside for them to go from the dirty light grey back to their blackish colour. Auto Glym bumper care will do the trick (I think its called that)

That would be a nice cheap one anyway :)

Get some aero wiper blades (Or tesco flat blades), clear side repeaters. All cheap mods to do :)

Then in you have the budget go for some Wiliams alloys, lower it and then possibly a spoiler from a higher model than yours? (Not entirely sure on the MK1 scene to be honest, someone more clued up should be along soon :))

Nice colour to start with though and it looks in fairly good condition for the age.

is there a tutorial or step by step guide for the bumper buffing etc?
I am incredibly inexperienced with any of this stuff :p

I do like the williams alloys but would never go near my black car with gold alloy wheels :O do they do them in other colours? preferably a steel or silver one...
would eBay be my best bet for most parts or, once i've bought membership, will the marketplace on here have it all?

cheers :)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to the forum.

First thing you need to do is clean those vaginal jucies off the seats. Looks skank!

1995 Clio Oasis 1.2
Welcome to the forum.

First thing you need to do is clean those vaginal jucies off the seats. Looks skank!

LOL, yeah i know...only just got the thing and hoping to get new seats soon. plus i can't drive it yet anyway so... :/ gotta pass my test on tuesday then get insured on the thing which is over £3000!!!

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
Agree, get some pointers on cleaning products, get it tidied up that way, the bumpers will come up well. There's also a scene with steel wheels at the mo, so possibly pop the wheels off, get rid of the rust and rattle can them, and just replace the springs to get it lower..

1995 Clio Oasis 1.2
Agree, get some pointers on cleaning products, get it tidied up that way, the bumpers will come up well. There's also a scene with steel wheels at the mo, so possibly pop the wheels off, get rid of the rust and rattle can them, and just replace the springs to get it lower..

I'll see if my brother has any tips - he keeps his 106 in good shape :)
as for the trims... i like the look of these in the pic but wonder if they'll look tacky :/

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370399913572&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thoughts/opinions?