ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Went to view this car today i advise no on else too

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Went to view this car in high wycombe today.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...age/10/radius/1500/fuel-type/petrol?logcode=p

First of all i don't think its the one in the picture
the guy views them at his house and not at a dealership or unit, so was warmed up when i got there which i didnt like

The differences between the picture and the actual car are

no front splitter as pictured
large dent and scratches o/s/r quarter panel
lots of scratches on body work especially around the doors and rear bumper has been scraped against wall
o/s/r wheel has paint missing around the center larger than a 50 p piece
also looking at the picture the car had a bosch battery which was blue and silver and as dusty/dirty as everything else under the bonnet so not new
also the car had a black cliosport.net tax disc holder where as the one in the picture is white
the reg was something like ft04vvt or fv04vvt something like that was def 04 vvt

didnt check to see if the millage was correct was already put of by the body condition

so just a warning before anyone else goes to view it

My mate bought a 182 from this guy, I went and viewed it with him. The bloke said he sells a lot of these but honestly he didn't seem to know anything about them, when asked about cambelt he just said he'd get his mate to do it :S

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Said it had loads of history which I would of checked but was only there for about 2minutes as didn't like the body work.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
on one the wiper is touching the bodywork the other isn't (could have adjusted it for the second photo of course).

Is this a game of spot the difference he's playing through his AT ad's.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
I didn't ask him about the pictures didn't think about it till after we left, then I started wondering why I didn't see the dent in the picture. Then noticed the spot the differences

I didn't ask him about the pictures didn't think about it till after we left, then I started wondering why I didn't see the dent in the picture. Then noticed the spot the differences
Lol, you should have been all over it!

I once went to view a Fiesta for my bro, when he pulled it out of the garage it had a huge bean can exhaust on it, I was like - that was not in the pictures! The sneaky f**ker had conveniently cut the pic off just before, so the exhaust was not in the pics. T*sser!! It was a heap too.

Renault Clio 182 BG
I know this is pretty sad but i rung him just to ask why there were two cars pictured, it has been sold so some poor sod has bought it

Mk5 Golf Gti
I know this is pretty sad but i rung him just to ask why there were two cars pictured, it has been sold so some poor sod has bought it

Thats horrible :(

I was genuinely looking at this car the other day on Auto trader and ive only just noticed the fact there are two cars in the pictures..

Clarkman

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer
This is a similar story to when I was looking at getting a ClioSport - I went to a autotrader dealer who advertised a black 182. it wasn't in the best condition to say the least! the wing mirrors were held on by black tape, poor service history, no cambelt change and was well overdue, high mileage, looked in the trip computer and it had a high average speed with a low MPG so could tell it was rag'd the whole time its been there! was on budget tires which squealed like a b**ch round roundabouts - and they had the cheek to put it up for about £2500!

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I've also been to see some dogs for sale by members on here. At least being a member means to you can check their previous posts and find out a little about what's wrong with their car! With these cars (172s/182s) they are old now so expect many bad ones before you find one that's ok.