ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What’s it for

Astra 1.9cdti XP

The the clio on the passenger side wing mirror there is a little nobbly bit on the bottom of the mirror that the drivers side doesnt have! Whats it for???

If we have the same model, mine is a 1.2 dynamic, the wee thing you are

talking about is actually the thermometer for the temperature on the

lcd display on the dash

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Thats a funny place for it! Cos it collect all the water from the mirror when wet surely that will give an innacurate reading?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

hehe, no dont cut it off, it is exactly what gritter99 said, the outside temp sensor.

What I am wondering if someone knocks off your mirror on that side how much would it cost for a new one, what with electric motors and outside temp modules etc.

Coinsidently, someone actually fcuking hit my passenger mirror when i

was in a shop at the weekend and drove on. It all still works, the electrics etc

but the mirror got all smashed and a silver scrape on the paint on the mirror.

Will i have to replace thw whole thing ot can i get the glass on its own, and if

so how much will this be

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

that nobly bit you refer to !!

Is your external temperature sensor !!

Yes it fairly inacurate !! What with wind chill factor and other bits. But lets be honest !! Do you take any notice of it ? I know I dont !!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Its not that inaccurate, wind chill only really affects humans/animals etc and does not have as much an affect on the sensor.

We as humans are warm blooded, create heat etc, wind removes the heat from our bodies therby causing wind chill.

Its different for inanimate objects, because they dont produce heat, there temprature is defined by the outside temprature.

If you know what I mean, sorry to go all technical on something as simple as a thermometor.

BMW 320d Sport

On the old 16v/Willy its the external temp sensor as Leigh says. I assume its still the same for the new Clios.